Lunch account at school

Thanks for asking the question, JWW! The CafePrepay account is cool! I just set my kid's accounts up...:yay:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I forgot to send lunch money with little missy this morning but found out she was good to go for the rest of the week. I will add more to it in a day or two.

This is much easier than sending money with her and then she telling me she lost her lunch money somehow.

Tiki

Not sure what grade your child is in but ensure that they keep their number to theirselves. I know of several kids who had their accounts emptied due to other kids getting their numbers. When the kids are in the lunch line there isn't a person making sure that the number matches the name. This mainly happens in middle school and high school. Their parents just send their lunch money daily. However, my son has used this system for the past several years and it has worked great for us. Just an FYI

S

Smith

When my two were going to Spring Ridge, other students were just making up numbers and getting lucky with accounts with money. At the end of the school year, I requested a billing report and discovered all kinds of charges that were made. 2 or 3 lunches charged on the same day, and charges being made when my kids were not at school at all. This happened the entire school year at least once a week. The school tried to say it was my children charging more than one lunch, but I know better. Then what about when mine weren't in school at all? No-one checks to make sure the kid matches the account number. In retrospect, I would send money with my kids. I spent a ton of money paying for other kid's lunches. Not poor kids, just thieves.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Thanks for the heads up for the headaches some of you all have encountered. It will be something for me to keep an eye on.

nightowl

Service fee is crazy priced I think!!!

It's not a $1 service fee anymore it's 6% which I thought was really expensive. But giving my nephew money every day was getting old so I bit the bullet and paid the 6%. Sigh.

greyhound

In Calvert county you can put money into your child's account for free. You don't have to use someone else's service. When a child puts in the lunch account # their picture shows up on the screen in front of the person at the end of the line.

nightowl said:
It's not a $1 service fee anymore it's 6% which I thought was really expensive. But giving my nephew money every day was getting old so I bit the bullet and paid the 6%. Sigh.
You can avoid having to pay the service fee by sending a check to school, but you can still use this system to track what's in their account for free.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
kwillia said:
You can avoid having to pay the service fee by sending a check to school, but you can still use this system to track what's in their account for free.

I sent in a check the first day of school for $100.00. Yesterday I went to the site you posted and it shows a blance of 0.00. I know there is still money on his account!
I just summed it up to, if you pay via the website it will show the blance. If you pay by sending a check to school then you need to contact the school for a blance??

Does anyone know if I'm right or wrong...

MDTerps said:
I sent in a check the first day of school for $100.00. Yesterday I went to the site you posted and it shows a blance of 0.00. I know there is still money on his account!
I just summed it up to, if you pay via the website it will show the blance. If you pay by sending a check to school then you need to contact the school for a blance??

Does anyone know if I'm right or wrong...
I saw a balance for both my kids and I had been sending cash to school for their accounts...:shrug:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I love it - I did it last year and would just put a chunk of $$ in every few months. We haven't bought lunch once this year, though. It's too expensive.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Ok I deleted my son and re-added him. This time it asked me for his account number. When I first register it didn't ask me that.

This question, does the transactions work for you? Is that suppose to show their activity in when they brought lunch/breakfast?

nightowl

kwillia said:

Thanks Kwillia I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Tina2001aniT

greyhound said:
In Calvert county you can put money into your child's account for free. You don't have to use someone else's service. When a child puts in the lunch account # their picture shows up on the screen in front of the person at the end of the line.

That's good to know, as I was just thinking, huh, stealing account numbers, that sucks!!
Is there any way to check the kid's balances in Calvert?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
JabbaJawz said:
I love it - I did it last year and would just put a chunk of $$ in every few months. We haven't bought lunch once this year, though. It's too expensive.
Lunch is what, $1.60 a day? That's less than the cost of packing each day.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
I saw a balance for both my kids and I had been sending cash to school for their accounts...:shrug:
Same here. I've always given my daughter a check each week to take with her on Monday's. I was able to see her balance and she attends school in St. Mary's.