Straighten me out

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just got back from a counseling session and I need a reality check. Just a few simple questions, then I'll give you a scenario that may (or may not) change your mind.

First question:

What do you call it when someone takes something that doesn't belong to them, without the owner's knowledge, and keeps it until forced to return it?

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
vraiblonde said:
I just got back from a counseling session and I need a reality check. Just a few simple questions, then I'll give you a scenario that may (or may not) change your mind.

First question:

What do you call it when someone takes something that doesn't belong to them, without the owner's knowledge, and keeps it until forced to return it?
Stealing......

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Yeah, that would theft in my book too.

Unless you are talking about Larry stealing your heart. :killingme

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If it's not yours and you take it without the owner's permission, it is pure and simple theft regardless of whether you were forced to give it back.

rack'm

Jaded
vraiblonde said:

First question:

Your child?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:

First question:

Stealing but depending on the relationship there may be more leaniancy (sp?). For example, B took an overnight bag to use for work. It was mine, he didn't ask and I saw it gone from my closet and asked him if he'd taken it. He had. He used it until I unpacked it for him and packed it with my hospital stuff (pre baby G). My dad did something similar when I was younger with a bookbag of mine though in that case I never got it back and he still uses it to take to and from work to this very day. If it's a familiar situation and something I'm not terribly attached to then I don't sweat the small stuff.

nomoney

pixiegirl said:
Stealing but depending on the relationship there may be more leaniancy (sp?). For example, B took an overnight bag to use for work. It was mine, he didn't ask and I saw it gone from my closet and asked him if he'd taken it. He had. He used it until I unpacked it for him and packed it with my hospital stuff (pre baby G). My dad did something similar when I was younger with a bookbag of mine though in that case I never got it back and he still uses it to take to and from work to this very day. If it's a familiar situation and something I'm not terribly attached to then I don't sweat the small stuff.

wow, thanks for the readers digest version

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, next question:

What is it called when someone asks you, "What happened?" and you tell them a story that is not, in fact, what happened?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Okay, next question:

What is it called when someone asks you, "What happened?" and you tell them a story that is not, in fact, what happened?

Lying... :popcorn:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
vraiblonde said:
First question:

That would be "borrowing", Vrai.

rack'm

Jaded
vraiblonde said:
Okay, next question:

Parenting..........