Emissions/Inspection Question

NewToSoMD

Does anyone have a friend in the emissions/inspection down here in SoMD that would save me the hassle of passing the visual catalytic converter inspection? I'm a St. Mary's county resident so I don't need to pass the emissions testing, I just need a garage that will let me slide so that I don't have to go through the hassle of having my stock mid-pipe sent down from PA ($$) and then having to switch the pipes in and out for the inspection, and then afterwards. I'll gladly slide the shop a few bucks for saving me the hassle.

Please PM or e-mail me if you have any good hook ups/ideas/recommendations!

F

Fat Momma

NewToSoMD said:
Does anyone have a friend in the emissions/inspection down here in SoMD that would save me the hassle of passing the visual catalytic converter inspection? I'm a St. Mary's county resident so I don't need to pass the emissions testing, I just need a garage that will let me slide so that I don't have to go through the hassle of having my stock mid-pipe sent down from PA ($$) and then having to switch the pipes in and out for the inspection, and then afterwards. I'll gladly slide the shop a few bucks for saving me the hassle.

Boy you do know this is a PUBLIC forum and I am thinking some of the folks in here might be law enforcement.... :buttkick:

NewToSoMD

I apologize FM (and SoMD.com forums) - was unaware this would be an issue - (let me explain myself: about half the people I talked to had said the aforementioned "visual inspection" was for mufflers - the other half were on the other side of the ball.... as you can tell I'm a little unclear of the MD laws as is.... hence the name :) - regardless, my apologies again)

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NewToSoMD said:

Go to Great Mills Rd. and look for a little auto shop called Roses II.
Knock on the back door 5 times. They will inspect your pipes and pass you with flying colors......
all for 5 bucks........

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
FireBrand said:
Go to Great Mills Rd. and look for a litte auto shop called Roses II.
Knock on the back door 5 times. They will inspect your pipes and pass you with flying colors......
all for 5 bucks........

Be sure to get the cream they offer to to clear up any, ummm, bugs...

F

Fat Momma

NewToSoMD said:
I apologize FM (and SoMD.com forums) - was unaware this would be an issue - (let me explain myself: about half the people I talked to had said the aforementioned "visual inspection" was for mufflers - the other half were on the other side of the ball.... as you can tell I'm a little unclear of the MD laws as is.... hence the name :) - regardless, my apologies again)

None taken sweetie! I just don't want you to get yourself into any trouble...that's the momma side of me coming out.

willie

Just put it through inspection. If it is a clean exhaust job the inspector might not even notice a missing cat since some of them are even in the manifold. If he catches it, you have 30 days to get the cat and re-inspect it. Since the re-inspect is only visual, there should be no charge.

F

Fat Momma

NewToSoMD said:
Willie - thanks for your help!
FM - understood!

I'll check out Roses

I may be new to SoMD, but I'm not a moron.

Roses is a strip club right? or that discount store?