Internet Affairs

K

Kain99

Fun Facts! :biggrin:

Flirting on the Internet may seem harmless enough...or is it? I recently read a report that stated 31% of those questioned had entered real life sexual encounters as a result of Internet Flirting.

Forty one percent of males and females reported a feeling of intense intimacy while online (this increases to 75% for those showing addiction). A reported 43% claimed a feeling of disinhibition which jumps to 80% in addicts (this revealed no difference between the sexes). 39% reported a feeling of a loss of boundaries, with the percentage rising to 83% in addicts. Timelessness was a feeling reported by most in the survey. A small group (consisting of 8%) reported a feeling of loss of control. The number for those showing addiction increased to 46%.

Data compiled by Greenfield (1999) suggest that 6%, of the close to 18,000 participants that were involved, met the criteria for compulsive Internet use patterns. They have described the addiction as being like any substance abuse or addiction. There is a feeling restlessness when restricted from Internet use. Some of the main areas discussed are chat rooms, the need for increasingly stimulating sexual content, some even suggest that it is simply being on the Internet and being exposed to the increasing media and exploration possibilities. Compulsive gambling and shopping were also listed as possible indications of addiction.

Desktop Sleuth

J

justhangn

Originally posted by kwillia
The chance for injuries increased under slick conditions... :bubble:

Though slippery when wet, it's a good thing that there are guides to the promise land. :wink:

SmallTown

Football season!
stick to online relationships only. That way if she won't quit talking while the game is on, you can just turn her off.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Withered tried to get someone to start an online affair; didn't have any takes though. :twitch:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Barbra
My former aunt, who is still living w/ the woman she met online, has called him numerous times saying that she regretted what she'd done and wishes he would take her back. TS, woman...you made your bed, now lie in it. :boo:

I guess the grass wasn't any better on other side after all. :lol: