Female Recommendation Please

krankykrab

I need a recommendation for a female psychiatrist, not a psychologists. My fifteen year old daughter went on vacation to Punta Canta, with her aunt and her family, and she was almost raped. If her cousin had not heard her yelling for him to stop and for help and came in there to see what was going on, she would have been. Now, my daughter is having big time issues from it, mostly trust issues, she wants nothing to do with boys, or even around men in general. Like her uncles, and grandfather, she does not want them to hug her or even touch her.

She does want to talk to someone about this but she said a female only. I just want her happy again. TIA !

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Damn. I'm sorry that happened to her. I have no recommendation, but I do wish her the best and hope she's able to find help to get her past this.

HillBillyChick

What a terrible thing to go through. I hope she is ok. I don't have any personal recommendations, but you may get some advice thru your doctors office, the school or even by calling Walden Sierrra. Good luck.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I know a licensed female therapist in the area who works soley with trauma victims. I think she is excellent in her job. She is not a psychatrist though, so if you are just looking for someone who can prescribe drugs, she can't. If you are interested, send me a pm and I'll give you her contact info.

J

jp2854

You can also try Carol Marcy I think is how her lastname is spelled shes in the ST.Marys phonebook. She is a psychologist and she has a therapy dog who attends the sessions with you.

PrepH4U

krankykrab said:
I need a recommendation for a female psychiatrist, not a psychologists. My fifteen year old daughter went on vacation to Punta Canta, with her aunt and her family, and she was almost raped. If her cousin had not heard her yelling for him to stop and for help and came in there to see what was going on, she would have been. Now, my daughter is having big time issues from it, mostly trust issues, she wants nothing to do with boys, or even around men in general. Like her uncles, and grandfather, she does not want them to hug her or even touch her.

She does want to talk to someone about this but she said a female only. I just want her happy again. TIA !
Oh my I am so sorry! :huggy:

sockgirl77

Call your insurance company or ask your family doctor for a referral. I'm assuming that you are looking for a Psychiatrist rather than a Psychologist because of insurance requirements?

krankykrab

sockgirl77 said:
Call your insurance company or ask your family doctor for a referral. I'm assuming that you are looking for a Psychiatrist rather than a Psychologist because of insurance requirements?

EXACTLY!! I have to have a referal from a psychiatrist, for her to then see a psychologist, with follow ups back with the psychiatrist. Thanks everyone fot the well wishes. :)

nightowl

Dr. Aruna Patil is a psychiatrist in Leonardtown, she's very good. 301-475-5577

I agree that Carol Marcy is very good also. 301-373-2222