Anyone Reacting to Ragweed?

ShyGirl

Certain foods have a protein content that your body responds to in the same way that it responds to ragweed. So if you react to ragweed, you may want to be careful with the following:

Banana
Cucumber
Melon
Zucchini
Sunflower seeds
Chamomile tea
Echinacea

If you have birch tree pollen allergies, be careful with:

Peach
Apple
Pear
Cherry
Carrot
Hazelnut
Kiwi
Almonds

It's said that cooking things before you eat them might prevent a reaction, but whoever heard of toasted kiwi?

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
I'm allergic enough to ragweed that I keep away whenever I see the plant. But I love all those foods, so I guess I'm not allergic to them :huggy:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
ShyGirl said:
Certain foods have a protein content that your body responds to in the same way that it responds to ragweed. So if you react to ragweed, you may want to be careful with the following:

Banana
Cucumber
Melon
Zucchini
Sunflower seeds
Chamomile tea
Echinacea

If you have birch tree pollen allergies, be careful with:

Peach
Apple
Pear
Cherry
Carrot
Hazelnut
Kiwi
Almonds

It's said that cooking things before you eat them might prevent a reaction, but whoever heard of toasted kiwi?
:doh: Explains why I feel like crap all of the time! :lol:

HillBillyChick

forever jewel said:
I'm allergic enough to ragweed that I keep away whenever I see the plant. But I love all those foods, so I guess I'm not allergic to them :huggy:

The pharmacist at St. Johns pharmacy recommended an allergy pill that they sell. "Leader Allergy Tablets". They are inexpensive, that is the only place that I have seen them. They are very effective, much better than anything else I have tried!!

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
HillBillyChick said:
The pharmacist at St. Johns pharmacy recommended an allergy pill that they sell. "Leader Allergy Tablets". They are inexpensive, that is the only place that I have seen them. They are very effective, much better than anything else I have tried!!

Thanks chica! :huggy: I'll have to check'em out!