Jet Luge @ MIR this weekend

L

lugebob

The Blue Smoke Jet Luge (jet engine powered skatboard) will be appearing in the Night of Fire show Sept 29th and 30th @ MIR during the IHRA Presidents Cup National Event. after 7pm

Come out and join the fun in the stands or in the pits. Get a free autographed Jet Luge photocard if you mention seeing this on SOMD.com

Let the IHRA Staff hear you shout "Blue Smoke, Blue Smoke" again like you all did at the Jet Wars event.... that was wild to hear that over the sound of a jet engine... :starcat:

have fun and be safe

Grand Bob
www.jetluge.net

onebdzee

off the shelf
lugebob said:
The Blue Smoke Jet Luge (jet engine powered skatboard) will be appearing in the Night of Fire show Sept 29th and 30th @ MIR during the IHRA Presidents Cup National Event. after 7pm

Come out and join the fun in the stands or in the pits. Get a free autographed Jet Luge photocard if you mention seeing this on SOMD.com

Let the IHRA Staff hear you shout "Blue Smoke, Blue Smoke" again like you all did at the Jet Wars event.... that was wild to hear that over the sound of a jet engine... :starcat:

have fun and be safe

Grand Bob
www.jetluge.net

My youngest mutt has been talking about the Presidents Cup for the last 2 weeks....when he finds out that there is going to be a jet powered skateboard there, he is going to bust a vein in his head(and then bug me about getting jet parts for his skateboard) :jameo:

L

lugebob

Really big shoe

Well are you going to hook him up? This is absolutely the biggest event in Southern, MD and one of the biggest in drag racing. There have been lots of improvements to the track (MIR was awarded 2005 National Track of the Year) and the grandstands. This year will feature for the first time, the all new Nitro Funny Car Class. The Night of Fire Pro show starts at 7pm... all the pro classes, me (grandpa) on the Jet Luge, Bob Motz in his Jet Powered Kenworth and lots of fireworks.

Make sure you take the little ones into the pit area and watch the teams work on thier cars, buy some t's and get some autographs. Bring your camera and take pictures of your family on the Jet Luge....

You will be his hero.... and we can talk about the jet parts there....

I was not much of a drag racing fan before I made the jet luge... but I can tell you that the IHRA really knows how to entertain the crowd while trying to decide who the next champ will be.

Hmm... that might have sounded alot like a commercial... but really.. I am just having fun at the track meeting all the new faces ..

Grand Bob

L

lugebob

the show

Yes, The IHRA likes to through down some extra entertainment for the spectators and bring in a few exhibition vehicles and fireworks.

The Pro Show starts at 7pm. I will be running where ever they put me in the lineup. Usually after the Top Fuel Dragster and before Bob Motz.

grand bob luger

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
A couple of hours ago I could hear alot of commotion coming from the track. Was this a kind of test and tune for the weekend show? And then down comes the rain and no more commotion. Good luck this weekend. I'll be there on Saturday with my husband. Can't wait!!!!

L

lugebob

commotion

600 racing TEAMS were arriving today from all over the country.. getting ready and testing... Qualifiying starts early tomorrow morn... Right now I am sitting here drilling holes in the bottom of my shoes (brakes) and stuffing them with flints.... a little something extra for the Night of Fire show..

Stop in the pit area and pull up a chair for a while..

see ya there

lugebob

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
lugebob said:
600 racing TEAMS were arriving today from all over the country.. getting ready and testing... Qualifiying starts early tomorrow morn... Right now I am sitting here drilling holes in the bottom of my shoes (brakes) and stuffing them with flints.... a little something extra for the Night of Fire show..

Stop in the pit area and pull up a chair for a while..

see ya there

lugebob

Good luck! It sounds like you will be putting on quite a show. See you at MIR.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
deino2002 said:
I spent most of the evening with Bunny Burkett, Big Bear & Little Bear :razz:
She is such a sweetheart!

I have always wanted to meet her. I hope everything went well with her surgery. But if you saw her last night it must not of been able to keep her down. :flowers:

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
mygoldnhorse said:
I have always wanted to meet her. I hope everything went well with her surgery. But if you saw her last night it must not of been able to keep her down. :flowers:
It was amazing how well she looked. She's just here for appearance purposes this weekend...no racing for her just yet. She says she lives in the fast lane so nothing can catch up to her! As you know, she has overcome many obsticles in her life and I hope to look as good as she does at 61 :hot: She's beautiful!

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
deino2002 said:
It was amazing how well she looked. She's just here for appearance purposes this weekend...no racing for her just yet. She says she lives in the fast lane so nothing can catch up to her! As you know, she has overcome many obsticles in her life and I hope to look as good as she does at 61 :hot: She's beautiful!

You are quite right. I know all her fans (myself included) can't wait to see her. She's an inspiration to the entire female race/class whatever we are:lol:

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
mygoldnhorse said:
You are quite right. I know all her fans (myself included) can't wait to see her. She's an inspiration to the entire female race/class whatever we are:lol:
She sure is, she was trying to convince me to get my daughter into Jr. Dragsters :jameo:

:lmao:

Mikeinsmd

Attachments

• Mower.jpg
    Mower.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 72