Corvette

G

Gemmi

Any good local shops around that know what they are doing? I need to diagnose a problem with a 1992 Vette.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Gemmi said:
Any good local shops around that know what they are doing? I need to diagnose a problem with a 1992 Vette.

LDG Automotive in Owings is honest and good but expensive. What's wrong with it?

cattitude said:
LDG Automotive in Owings is honest and good but expensive. What's wrong with it?
She forgot to change the blinker fluid and now her engine won't run due to the maryland air in her tires, as opposed to the factory air.

G

Gemmi

cattitude said:

It is my son's car. It started popping and backfiring suddenly. It seems to run OK when idling except for an occasional small pop. When you accelerate it shakes and seems to lack power. Maybe a spark plug or wire?? He is meticulous about its maintenance.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Gemmi said:
It is my son's car. It started popping and backfiring suddenly. It seems to run OK when idling except for an occasional small pop. When you accelerate it shakes and seems to lack power. Maybe a spark plug or wire?? He is meticulous about its maintenance.

Did you run the codes?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Gemmi said:
The check engine light did not come on. I don't know that there are any stored codes.

Try to pull the codes. Check the 02 sensor. Crappy gas? Just a thought. Opti?

I belong to a Vette forum and while I don't do the work myself, I've figured out a lot just from reading. I have an 89.

The forum people are great and if you post a question, you will get a lot of advice. www.corvetteforum.com

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Wherever you take it, make sure they are experienced with Corvettes, they are quirky cars. :lol: Also, many shops charge in "Vette Dollars." I have a friend that does the work for me but swore me to secrecy because he hates working on them. :biggrin: