Any good babysitters or day care centers here?

romance

One of the sinners
HI. OK I was wondering if anybody here can tell me where to find a good babysitter or day care for my kids. I have 3 little ones who Im real picky about leaving so I want someone who is trust worthy. Also is there any child development centers here??? Id like to ahve my 3 and 4 yr old girls in a school setting. My son (4 months) would be ok anywhere I guess as long as the place and people were good to him.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
romance - are you in st mary's - my friend has her kids somewhere in calvert - can check for ya -but that might be too far

romance

One of the sinners
I will be

We are looking for a place to rent right now but soon (I hope ) I will be in St Marys county somewhere lol Thanks for checking if you can. Any info will be great since I know nothing about this place.

fuzzyng

romance:

you might want to check out "Creative Beginings" also how old are your children? because Recs&Parks has K.E.E.P. and B&A which are Kindegarden Early Enrichment Program and Before and After school care. My fiance, Summer, has worked at both of those and highly recomends them. Recs&Parks for the above has summer camp going on right now, until August 20th. Then they start back up with normal. Also I dont know if you like Montessori type teaching but there is a place known as "Star Maker Learning Center" that has that kind of background and she's also worked there too. On a scale, though, she would rate Creative Beginings + Recs&Parks over Star maker because of the way things are handled there (not meaning the teaching). You can check them out in the phone books or I can find you the numbers :)

G

giggles04

I suggest looking into Creative Beginnings. I have a friend that works there, and they do a lot of fun things with the kids! They play all kinds of games... and learn at the same time! And thats never a bad thing

mrs potts

LIttle Hearts Day Care in Mechanicsville is EXCELLENT! My daughter has been that center for over a year and half! The prices are pretty reasonable as well! :p

romance

One of the sinners
Thank you all

Thanks for the help. I will check into each of them. Maybe one of them my kids will like. They are 4, 3, and 4months. But thanks again.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Prep and Play

My daughter is 2 1/2 and goes to Prep-n-Play in Hollywood, it's GREAT!! I used to work there as well, and it's definitely reputable! They have wonderful teachers, a huge outside play area, and a good preschool routine where they learn tons, make projects, etc...

One suggestion, though, regardless of where you send them...start calling places NOW. There are waiting lists everywhere and if you want to get them in anytime soon you'll need to get them on the list.

Good luck!

coffeelover23

sounds like you're leaning more toward a day care center, but if you're looking for a babysitter, I've heard SitterCity is good. A couple of my friends have used them and had no problems.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
sounds like you're leaning more toward a day care center, but if you're looking for a babysitter, I've heard SitterCity is good. A couple of my friends have used them and had no problems.

Hmm - coffeelover, you dug around for this one didn't you? I gonna take a stab here and say the OP's kids are probably in school by now. Did you post this to try and get advertising for Sitter City?

jayboy

Pfft you don't impress me
Hmm - coffeelover, you dug around for this one didn't you? I gonna take a stab here and say the OP's kids are probably in school by now. Did you post this to try and get advertising for Sitter City?

Wow, where did that come from? Why not if sitter city is what they are looking for, no different than the other posters in here. Plus they are a noob and maybe did not see the dates of the other posts. I have been reading posts in here and almost posted until I saw they were two years old or more.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Dangit. I was getting ready to ask her what happened to the move with Sgt Sprout. :lmao: Old old old tread.