I want to gnaw my feet off

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I attended two dress-up functions this weekend and wore cute high heels both nights, a different pair each evening. Anyway, at the conclusion of each evening, my feet hurt so badly that I wanted to gnaw my feet off. I don't wear dress-up heels often, so don't put a lot of money into my shoes (in the neighborhood of $40-$60 per pair). My question is...if I paid more money for my dress-up shoes, would my feet hurt less? Are more expensive shoes more comfortable? I see the cutest shoes for $300 on up, but I think it is ridiculous to spend that kind of money on shoes. However, if they really are that comfortable, I might invest in a pair that looks good and are also comfortable. Oh yea....the shoes are the correct size and width....they are just terribly uncomfortable after the first two hours or so.

What is your opinion? Are more expensive shoes more comfortable than moderatly priced shoes?

Or better yet, can anyone suggest comfortable dress shoes?

Thanks!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
BadGirl said:
What is your opinion? Are more expensive shoes more comfortable than moderatly priced shoes?
I've always purchased dress/work heels for cuteness; not comfort. By the end of the day, my feet are usually hurting and sometimes I'll get a blister. :frown: I don't think I've ever spent more than $30 on dress shoes because I usually get them from Target or Payless. I need a pair of Jimmy Choo's for Christmas so that my pigs feel nice at the end of the day. :smile:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I've never so much as tried on a pair of $300 shoes, for fear that I'll want to buy them. :lmao: I'm like Chasey...form over function. Most of my dressy shoes are pretty unbearable after being on my feet for a few hours. I've never spent more than around $60 on a pair of heels (boots and sneakers excluded of course). These are supposed to be really comfortable.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Nickel said:
These are supposed to be really comfortable.
Ironically, I have a pair very similar to these that I picked up from Target a few weeks ago. I've only wore them once, because they, too, make me wish I had never ever bought them. I have a closet filled with shoes that I've only worn once or twice because they are so damn uncomfortable. My casual shoes are very comfortable; I wish I could wear them all of the time. :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
BadGirl said:
Ironically, I have a pair very similar to these that I picked up from Target a few weeks ago. I've only wore them once, because they, too, make me wish I had never ever bought them. I have a closet filled with shoes that I've only worn once or twice because they are so damn uncomfortable. My casual shoes are very comfortable; I wish I could wear them all of the time. :ohwell:
Rampage is actually a brand I can rely on to be moderately comfortable. The only downside is that they don't have much of a selection. I'd say my most uncomfortable shoes are all from Target, but I don't hold a grudge against them because they're cute and inexpensive. :lol: I have a pair of shoes that I just "had to have" that turned out to be excruciatingly uncomfortable. They're completely closed, so I just got some of those gel shoe inserts and put them in, and now they're tolerable. And they were expensive Kenneth Cole boot-like shoes.

matteressdancer

I am really good at foot massage!!!

find shoes that fit pumps and Spike heels will almost always hurt. how are your calves feeling?

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Nickel said:
I'd say my most uncomfortable shoes are all from Target, but I don't hold a grudge against them because they're cute and inexpensive. :lol:

:yeahthat: I wish Target shoes weren't so cute :yay:, so I'd remember how much pain they put me through when I actually wear them :ohwell:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
BG, in answer to your question...yes, expensive shoes are more comfortable, but they don't have to be the most expensive. I lovelovelove nine west.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
BG, how high were the heels? I find my feet rarely hurt if the heel is 3" or under not matter what the style. Of course there are a few exceptions but for the most part I'm ok with a lower heel. I don't have any terribly expensive shoes but I do have a few pair that were between $80 - $100. I don't find that they're any more comforatable than the less expensive shoes. I have two pairs of similar heels that are 4" and VERY comforatable. I can't for the life of me think of either brand but I'm thinking the comfort has to do with the style opposed to the brand since they're so similar. They were probably $40 a pair. If I can remember I'll snap a picture of them tonight. The only correlation I've found with shoes and comfort level is the higher and skinnier the heel the more uncomforatable they'll be.

I'm also with Nic and like Rampage shoes as well as Chinese Laundry, Unlisted, Nine West and Kenneth Cole.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
A gal I used to see had gobs of heels and pumps in her closet.

She told me that a brand called Faragamo(sp?) was a very comfortable shoe, if you had to be in them all day.
Pricey, but worth it, was her claim.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
pixiegirl said:
I'm also with Nic and like Rampage shoes as well as Chinese Laundry, Unlisted, Nine West and Kenneth Cole.

The new shoe store in San Souci sells Chinese Laundry. I haven't bought them before but I'm considering giving them a try. :yay:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Penn said:
A gal I used to see had gobs of heels and pumps in her closet.

She told me that a brand called Faragamo(sp?) was a very comfortable shoe, if you had to be in them all day.
Pricey, but worth it, was her claim.

Did you play dress up and wear them too?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
The only correlation I've found with shoes and comfort level is the higher and skinnier the heel the more uncomforatable they'll be.
I agree with this...
...and this, except for that one pair of really uncomfortable Kenneth Coles, but I have another pair that are very comfy to make up for it. :yay: