Question about speeding ticket

will_b

Hi, there,

I am new here and have a question. Comments are appreciated.

For MD speeding ticket, there are 3 options (only for payable tickets)
1. pay
2. request for a waiver hearing
3. Trial

I am wondering what's the difference between the 2nd and 3rd options. For trial the cops will be there and obviously the honor will take the cops' words. But the chance is when cops are missing the case is basically dismissed. Or I heard if the driving records were clean the honor may ask for fine w/o points. How about the hearing? If I plea guilty but give reasonable excuses is it possible I can pay the fine w/o the points?

Thanks!

Will

Ponytail

will_b said:
Hi, there,

1. pay
3. Trial

I am wondering what's the difference between the 2nd and 3rd options. For trial the cops will be there and obviously the honor will take the cops' words. But the chance is when cops are missing the case is basically dismissed. Or I heard if the driving records were clean the honor may ask for fine w/o points. How about the hearing? If I plea guilty but give reasonable excuses is it possible I can pay the fine w/o the points?

Thanks!

Will

How fast were you going and what would be a reasonable excuse?

will_b

K_Jo said:
That's the last time you'll say that. :lmao:
It's ok. Internet is somewhere somebody can pretend who they are. But there are always nice ppl who are willing to help.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
will_b said:
Hi, there,

1. pay
3. Trial

Thanks!

Will

Go to the States Attorney's Office, and request community service. If granted, pay the fine plus $25. Null Process.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
I tried that. The cop then pointed out that I had just passed a fairly large Fast Stop.
:shrug:

:lol:
Perhaps you should have shat for him. :shrug:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
will_b said:
It's ok. Internet is somewhere somebody can pretend who they are. But there are always nice ppl who are willing to help.
I know what you mean. I'm totally fake here. In real life I'm not smart OR dignified.

Ponytail

K_Jo said:
Perhaps you should have shat for him. :shrug:

He wasn't amused. I don't think that that would have been a good idea. 2 more miles, and I would have been to Lusby. I was THAT close. :lol:

will_b

K_Jo said:
OK, I've read this like 8 times. :confused:
I am pretty sure no excuese can make the judge believe I was not speeding and that was not what I am shooting for. I did and I would take the fine. Anybody can make mistakes.

Ponytail

K_Jo said:
I know what you mean. I'm totally fake here. In real life I'm not smart OR dignified.
And in real life my purple hippo is usually spankin a... nebbermind. Boardmommy might be watchin. :whistle:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
And in real life my purple hippo is usually spankin a...
A one-armed monkey in a mini-skirt eating beef jerky and mouthing the words to "Opposites Attract"?

will_b

unixpirate said:
Go to the States Attorney's Office, and request community service. If granted, pay the fine plus $25. Null Process.
Thanks a lot for the reply! But I am still confused because I requested a hearing, which means there's no trial. I don't think I even have chance to see the States Attorney's Office. Do you mean go there other than the court time?

Ponytail

K_Jo said:
I'm about due for a ticket.

I've gotten too many this year. I gotta chill out for awhile. It's getting harder and harder to explain the plate not matching the license address. :ohwell:

will_b

K_Jo said:
I'm about due for a ticket.
Good luck, man! All I can say is staying away from the left lane and be in the traffic. LOL, I start to be willing to drive a caravan.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
dustin said:
The Magic 8-Ball says "yes".
I deleted that because it felt bad-luckish! :tantrum

Ponytail said:
I've gotten too many this year. I gotta chill out for awhile. It's getting harder and harder to explain the plate not matching the license address. :ohwell:
You bad boy. :really: