Will the Honda Del Sol engine fit :shrug:

If so, did they make a engine bigger then then stock 1.6? ie.. on the Del Sol

unixpirate

Pitty Party
dustin said:
Do forum searches on both of these sites:

http://www.honda-tech.com/

http://www.d-series.org/

I'm pretty sure the engine will bolt up. But your OBD and wiring harnesses may be different. DEFINATELY check these two forums and also the FAQ's. D-series.org has more engine knowledable people.

Thanks.. Yeah thats what my daughter mentioned. ie.. harness. She's good btw.. :love: her.. It's actually her car, I got her for graduation way back when and it finally went. :spoiled: :lol: It's got headers, stock engine. 2 300 watt amps. MP3 player. 10 disk changer. alarm locks and rolls the windows up after 60 seconds. (don't leave your keys).. :lol:

So were going to get it fixed and she's calling Daddy.. :huggy:

dustin

UAIOE
unixpirate said:
Thanks.. Yeah thats what my daughter mentioned. ie.. harness. She's good btw.. :love: her.. It's actually her car, I got her for graduation way back when and it finally went. :spoiled: :lol: It's got headers, stock engine. 2 300 watt amps. MP3 player. 10 disk changer. alarm locks and rolls the windows up after 60 seconds. (don't leave your keys).. :lol:

So were going to get it fixed and she's calling Daddy.. :huggy:
there is also a bunch of crap with the ECU involved too.

there are some mean hybrids out there.... and if you can think of it, it's probably been done and someone has a thread on it with pics... :lol:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
dustin said:
there is also a bunch of crap with the ECU involved too.

there are some mean hybrids out there.... and if you can think of it, it's probably been done and someone has a thread on it with pics... :lol:

Yeah I joined and am reading the second site you sent me.. appreciate it.
I just want someone to go, Unix it won't work! :lol: If it does, here's how you do it.. WTF? :lmao:
I know it's not going to be that easy.. Her husband is good and a certified mechanic. But not sure about Honda's. Don't get me wrong he's good.

dustin

UAIOE
unixpirate said:
Yeah I joined and am reading the second site you sent me.. appreciate it.
I just want someone to go, Unix it won't work! :lol: If it does, here's how you do it.. WTF? :lmao:
I know it's not going to be that easy.. Her husband is good and a certified mechanic. But not sure about Honda's. Don't get me wrong he's good.
:lol: yeah I'm new to Honda's myself. I know a bit more about V-dub's.

Don't forget about the clutch either. while you have the engine out if the clutch has high miles might as well get a new flywheel or have yours resurfaced and then get a new clutch/pressure plate kit. Also change out the main seal down there. And change the throwout bearing (if its has one) on the tranny as well. Also inspect the CV axles and front wheel bearings.

Like Vanbells said motor mounts. Even if you are replacing the engine with a direct bolt in and not a hybrid, might want to replace those as well.

Shift bushings/bearing/kinkages...whatever hondas have...

Also if the motor you are putting in has higher miles factor in timing belt replacement along with water pump and possible seals and any kind of idler pulleys...

It all adds up....

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I would think that it would be a direct replacement since the Del Sol is a Civic with a slightly different body.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
2 part question

Looking for a stock engine for a 1995 Honda Civic 1.6.

Also the airbag is still packed. What is the law selling it. If there is a market of course.

mondoman

Any D series engine will work. In your case she more then likely has a D16z6. You can either find a replacement D16z6 or go for a D16y8 which is out of 96-99 civic EXs which will go in but that engine is a OBD2 engine. It wil work but you would need a jumper harness to convert it to OBD1 i think.

OR you could always go bigger and get a B16a(civicsi,delsolRARE), B18b(ls), B18c(gsr,type-r). If you were to go with a B series you would need a ECU for the engine, shift linkage, Bseries mounts, axles, hydro transmission... im sure i am forgetting some things.

But check out www.honda-tech.com like said above for more help, thats one of the best sites around.

-D.J.