Ear Drama SOLVED

Tina2001aniT

I finally found out today the cause of all of Ashlie's ear/sinus drama was a STAPH INFECTION :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Thank God, really thank God that she got a different strand than the horror stories I have heard lately.

Really makes me count my blessings when I think of what could have been, with an undiagnosed staph infection for months.....:faint:

Geek

Tina2001aniT said:
I finally found out today the cause of all of Ashlie's ear/sinus drama was a STAPH INFECTION :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Thank God, really thank God that she got a different strand than the horror stories I have heard lately.

Really makes me count my blessings when I think of what could have been, with an undiagnosed staph infection for months.....:faint:

Oh my gosh, that is so scary. I am so glad she is okay.

Tina2001aniT

greyhound said:
I'm glad that it is something easily treated. How is she doing? I didn't see her today. Is she still home?

She is still home, doc won't release her yet......

We are waiting for two things to finish healing, then the doc will release her, now it is just a waiting game, could be back as early as Wednesday, could be out until next week.....:ohwell:

Pandora

Tina2001aniT said:

I didn't think Staph infections were so easily treated? Poor girl. :ohwell:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Tina2001aniT said:

Fkr's....

Learned sumpin' didn't ya :huggy:

Glad to hear mommy didn't back down :love:

N

nitwhit3286

I am glad your little girl is ok but how did she get something such as a staph infection and why did the docs so easily overlook that as a possible diagnosis?

Tina2001aniT

nitwhit3286 said:
I am glad your little girl is ok but how did she get something such as a staph infection and why did the docs so easily overlook that as a possible diagnosis?

I don't know how she got it, I don't even know when she got it, sometime around June. I am guessing she picked it up in Lake Anna, but am not sure.

She was only having sinus problems, and has been treated with six different antibiotics between June and September. There was no cut or sore where the staph "got in". I do not know why they did not know what it was, or even if they should have. All I know is that after months of worrying at least now we know what caused it and can work on fixing it. I could why myself right to death, but why?

N

nitwhit3286

Tina2001aniT said:
I don't know how she got it, I don't even know when she got it, sometime around June. I am guessing she picked it up in Lake Anna, but am not sure.

She was only having sinus problems, and has been treated with six different antibiotics between June and September. There was no cut or sore where the staph "got in". I do not know why they did not know what it was, or even if they should have. All I know is that after months of worrying at least now we know what caused it and can work on fixing it. I could why myself right to death, but why?

Thats true you could always sit there and ask why but it does no good now. Its good to know that it is treatable and soon she will be back to doing her normal everyday things.

Tina2001aniT

Talk about a 360......

NO drainage today....

Scab on adenoids is GONE......

Kiddo goes back to school tomorrow......WOO HOO

Wish her luck.....

now just to get rid of this staph infection......:crossingfingers: