Heat Rash? Allergic reaction?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
So littlest pig came home from daycare with this rash on Monday. I've been keeping an eye on it and it hasn't changed. He had on a polo type shirt and some of his chest was exposed, the area where the rash is concentrated. I'm not terribly concerened as he's not running a fever or symptomatic in any other way, it's not spreading but having no previous experience with rashes on my children I have no clue what it could be. Anyone's kids ever have anything similar?

Last edited:

Tina2001aniT

pixiegirl said:
So littlest pig came home from daycare with this rash on Monday. I've been keeping an eye on it and it hasn't changed. He had on a polo type shirt and some of his chest was exposed, the area where the rash is concentrated. I'm not terribly concerened as he's not running a fever or symptomatic in any other way, it's not spreading but having no previous experience with rashes on my children I have no clue what it could be. Anyone's kids ever have anything similar?

Ouch! I do not know what it is, but it looks like it hurts!
It's not itchy? or painful?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Tina2001aniT said:
Ouch! I do not know what it is, but it looks like it hurts!
It's not itchy? or painful?

It itched the first day (daycare provider called me and told me about it after he got up from nap) but after I got him home and since then he hasn't touched it, doesn't seem to bother him in the bath, nothing.

The reason I'm thinking heat rash was because it was right after nap, where his shirt opens and they sleep on those vinyl covered nap mats.

morganj614

pixiegirl said:
It itched the first day (daycare provider called me and told me about it after he got up from nap) but after I got him home and since then he hasn't touched it, doesn't seem to bother him in the bath, nothing.

The reason I'm thinking heat rash was because it was right after nap, where his shirt opens and they sleep on those vinyl covered nap mats.

And what does she wipe them down with? I think you just found your answer.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
morganj614 said:
And what does she wipe them down with? I think you just found your answer.

If I had to guess I'd say a spray cleaner of some sort. But I'm with you in thinking it's directly related. He left home without it Monday and right after nap he was rubbing and scratching it so she lifted up his shirt and there it was. It hasn't bothered him since then. Bare skin on a vinyl mat (he sleeps on his belly) with a blanket over top of him....

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
donbarzini said:
Looks allergy-related. New detergent? Out in woods lately?

No to both. Nothing has been different except I made soup Sunday night and it had okra which he's never had. But with a food allergy I'd expect to see hives opposed to this pimply type rash.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
cattitude said:
Almost look like flea bites.

No dice, she doesn't have any animals and has an impecable house. And the picture is crappy; moving target. It's very pimple like.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
pixiegirl said:
No dice, she doesn't have any animals and has an impecable house. And the picture is crappy; moving target. It's very pimple like.
K got a bad rash around her mouth many months ago and it was caused by Chapstick of all things. She used it so much it actually made her skin raw. :eyebrow: Anyhow, get a tube of Cortizone and use it as recommended and it should clear up in no time. :yay:

SoftballCrazy

pixiegirl said:
I had something similar about a month ago, popped up out of nowhere, was itchy, then just bumpy/pimply looking, went to Dr and he didn't have a clue, said if it wasn't better in a wk to come back, and it did go away w/in the wk...no idea what it was, where it came from...but thank goodness its gone and hasn't come back.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
K got a bad rash around her mouth many months ago and it was caused by Chapstick of all things. She used it so much it actually made her skin raw. :eyebrow: Anyhow, get a tube of Cortizone and use it as recommended and it should clear up in no time. :yay:

I left it alone Monday night to see if it would spread or anything and it didn't. Last night I put some Cortizone cream on it after he got out of the tub.

BabyGurl1978

Gone Crazy
Chasey_Lane said:

:yay: Cortizone will make a big difference on that rash even if it is itchy it will help that as well. I am not sure what that looks like either but, I don't believe it is a heat rash at all.

Pete

Repete
Check inside his mouth for blisters. Many years ago in daycare Boy got something the Pediatrician called "Hand and mouth" disease. He said it was rampant in daycares.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Went to the dr this morning because it had spread over the shoulder to the back.... She thinks it's chicken pox but isn't 100% because he's not really scratching them. Go back on Monday. :ohwell:

morganj614

pixiegirl said:
Went to the dr this morning because it had spread over the shoulder to the back.... She thinks it's chicken pox but isn't 100% because he's not really scratching them. Go back on Monday. :ohwell:

:huggy: If it is the pox, you'd think he'd be itching like crazy.

BabyGurl1978

Gone Crazy
:huggy:
pixiegirl said:

WOW, that didn't look like chicken pox to me and I would thought he would be scratching the heck out of them. He hasn't had a chicken pox vaccine?? Poor guy!!

Tina2001aniT

pixiegirl said:

Chicken Pox :yikes:

How is she going to tell on Monday? Did she draw blood or something? Is he too young to have had the "chicken pox shot?"

BabyGurl1978 said:
:huggy:

WOW, that didn't look like chicken pox to me and I would thought he would be scratching the heck out of them. He hasn't had a chicken pox vaccine?? Poor guy!!
I'm thinking it could be because of the vaccine that he may be having such a mild reaction to it...:shrug: Did the doc say anything similar in nature, Pix...:confused: