dolphin

Dolphin2003

Does anyone know if you can swim with the dolphins at the Baltimore Aquarium? I have heard of this down in Florida but I was hoping that someplace closer to home might offer this.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Dolphin2003
Does anyone know if you can swim with the dolphins at the Baltimore Aquarium?
If you jump in really quick you might get to swim for a few minutes before the cops come fish you out. :cheesy:

SmallTown

Football season!
I think at one time they had a program at the aquarium where you could get in the water with the dolphins and learn more about them, but not really "swim" with them. I love going to the aquarium and to the inner harbor, great place!

As for actually swimming with the dolphins, we did this at Discovery Cove in Florida and it was GREAT! I think it was only like $200 per person and you spend an entire day at the park. They have a beach area, places to swim with the rays and incredbile looking reefs. they also include a nice lunch. The dolphin part is I think around 30-45 minutes long. You go out in a small group and they show you the different features of the dolphin. Then you do little "tricks" with him and when you get ready to come back to shore you grab on to his back and he takes you back to shore. Of course afterwards you can purchase photos and videos of your experience.

It is most definetly worth the trip down there! We are thinking of going down again soon.

Oh, since they are affiliated with Sea World, you get free passes to visit that park as well while you're down there.

www.discoverycove.com