Where's the cheapest gas around?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
yardsalequeen on 10:17 pm on April 21, 2002[br] I don't think there is any place in Calvert that has gas that cheap.  

You're right, I get my gas at Sheetz or Texaco when I'm over there.

Gunn317

Head to a Texaco on Tuesday's...9cents off PLUS gasoline. Usually, that puts the plus below the regular at other stations. Just the other day, it was the same price ($1.29) as Sheetz...but for the Plus. My vehicle has been enjoying 89 octane this whole year!

NOt sure how long it lasts though....maybe just through the end of this month ;(

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Man, makes ya think, huh. We were b*tching about $1.28 gas 2 years ago, and here we are paying nearly $2.00/gallon! :ohwell:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Anyone done the math to see if it's really worth it to drive a few extra miles to save just pennies????

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by tys_mommy
Anyone done the math to see if it's really worth it to drive a few extra miles to save just pennies????

I don't ever worry about it. The only place I won't get gas from is Safeway. I trip the odometer every time I fill up and the few times I filled up there I got 10-20 miles less per tank. Kinda bothered me. As far as price is concerned, they're all no more then a few cents apart. I have a 17 gal tank. Even at a 5 cent difference it's no more then $1 per tank. The hassle isn't worth it to me. I'm sure someone is gonna come right behind me and give me some "yearly savings" or some crap but the fact of the matter remains. I don't care.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Even at a 5 cent difference it's no more then $1 per tank. The hassle isn't worth it to me. I'm sure someone is gonna come right behind me and give me some "yearly savings" or some crap but the fact of the matter remains. I don't care.

Even if you filled up 2x per week it's still only a yearly savings of $104.00...so still not a whole heck of a lotta money saved over a year. I'm with you - I won't go out of my way just to save a few cents per gallon.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by PFgal
Even if you filled up 2x per week it's still only a yearly savings of $104.00...so still not a whole heck of a lotta money saved over a year. I'm with you - I won't go out of my way just to save a few cents per gallon.

That's what I'm saying. The PITA it usually is to go out of my way isn't worth it.

Hessian

Profits...

Didn't I read that the profits of a major fuel driller, shipper and distributor was enormous last quarter?

If the Dems want to make some noise about this...the door is open! Does the $2/gal mean all our grocery prices will climb too?
I heard not long ago about Milk: $4/gallon.

My vacation to Maine is gonna break my piggy bank!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Profits...

Originally posted by Hessian
Does the $2/gal mean all our grocery prices will climb too?
I heard not long ago about Milk: $4/gallon.

Milk just shot up 40 cents a gallon in a WEEK. Expect to see EVERYTHING else go up, too. They have to pass the increased shipping costs onto the consumer. :cussing:

When I was out at lunch, premium unleaded was $2.01 a gallon at one of the stations on 235.

K

Kain99

Re: Re: Profits...

Originally posted by jazz lady
When I was out at lunch, premium unleaded was $2.01 a gallon at one of the stations on 235.
That's what I paid in Waldorf today. :frown:

D

darkriver4362

Re: Re: Profits...

Originally posted by jazz lady
Milk just shot up 40 cents a gallon in a WEEK. Expect to see EVERYTHING else go up, too. They have to pass the increased shipping costs onto the consumer. :cussing:

$2.07 and 2.10 at 2 stations up near Annapolis this weekend.:rolleyes:

I get mine when I go to VA, probably going to go there tonight for some stuff. I'll tell ya'll the prices if I go.

aye yi yi! Geez, I bet we all wish we could find gas now for $1.28 a gallon. Since I posted that original message over 2 years ago, I found
www.gasbuddy.com

but now I just generally get gas at BJ's Warehouse. Last week I did buy gas at Shell on a Tuesday for their .05 off and I used the $1.00 off 10 gallons coupon that came in the mail. I don't go out of my way to buy gas, since I just get it while I am out shopping.