You have GOT to be KIDDING ME!!!

Cowgirl

So, this weekend I bought 2 new pet mice at Petco. They were cute little things. One was black and white spotted, and the other was brown and tan splotched. So, I set them up in a little cage and put them on the bar behind my kitchen counter. I woke up this morning and went out to the kitchen and noticed something was different. NO CAGE. Hmm..I know I left it there. :confused:

So I walked out into the living room, and found food and bedding all over the floor. The cage was on it's its side about halfway across the room. Aww poor mice...got jumbled all around. They must have headaches... So, I went over to right the cage, and guess what? The DOOR WAS OPEN!! No mice in the cage.... :jameo:

The stupid cats must've gotten bored and decided they really needed to play with the mice. I can't believe they opened the door...even I had a hard time with it. So I have no clue where the mice are. Luckily they're both females. So, I figure I have 3 options.
1. Let the cats find them for me.
2. Get a live trap and try to catch them before the cats do.
3. Get sticky traps or snap-your-neck traps and catch them that way.

I think I'm going to go with option 2 for the moment. I didn't have any time to lock the cats up before I had to leave for work. And besides, I don't even know where the mice are, so I could be locking them in the same room. Ugh. What a great way to start a Monday. :tantrum

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Cowgirl said:
So, this weekend I bought 2 new pet mice at Petco. They were cute little things. One was black and white spotted, and the other was brown and tan splotched. So, I set them up in a little cage and put them on the bar behind my kitchen counter. I woke up this morning and went out to the kitchen and noticed something was different. NO CAGE. Hmm..I know I left it there. :confused:

So I walked out into the living room, and found food and bedding all over the floor. The cage was on it's its side about halfway across the room. Aww poor mice...got jumbled all around. They must have headaches... So, I went over to right the cage, and guess what? The DOOR WAS OPEN!! No mice in the cage.... :jameo:

The stupid cats must've gotten bored and decided they really needed to play with the mice. I can't believe they opened the door...even I had a hard time with it. So I have no clue where the mice are. Luckily they're both females. So, I figure I have 3 options.

I think I'm going to go with option 2 for the moment. I didn't have any time to lock the cats up before I had to leave for work. And besides, I don't even know where the mice are, so I could be locking them in the same room. Ugh. What a great way to start a Monday. :tantrum
I'm sure some local studly male mouse is going to find the two of them and multiply your problem if you don't do something REAL quick..

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Are these...

your meeses?

Attachments

• mice-1-s.jpg
    mice-1-s.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 165

SoftballCrazy

Cowgirl said:

I had 2 hamsters that got loose, and I've got dogs and cats too...My dog kept staring at something in the corner and sure enough, it was one of the hamsters. I'd set out some mouse food under a chair or in a corner, see if you can find them that way, when they get hungry they might come out for food. (If they haven't already become dinner for the cat!)

Cowgirl

Well, southern states has a mouse trap (live one) for about $20. That's ten times what the mice cost....oh well. I'll give it a shot. :ohwell:

Originally posted by Duponster
Are the cats smiling... :whistle:

Actually, they weren't happy this morning when I was yelling...but before I left for work I noticed Tucker (the most likely culprit) sitting in front of the couch in that "I-know-they're-in-there-somewhere" trance. I shoulda left his azz in the shelter. :lmao:

Cowgirl

I went home at lunch to change my clothes (had a run-in with a chicken wing) and I checked the trap.... :cartwheel :starcat: :getdown: :clap:

Got the black and white one in the trap!!! Now hopefully her little brown friend will follow... :yay:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Cowgirl said:
I went home at lunch to change my clothes (had a run-in with a chicken wing) and I checked the trap.... :cartwheel :starcat: :getdown: :clap:

Got the black and white one in the trap!!! Now hopefully her little brown friend will follow... :yay:

Good catch!! Surprised the cats haven't gotten to them. :howdy:

Cowgirl

:clap:

Got the brown one tonight!!!! I was watching tv, and saw her run under the table where the tv is sitting. She ran behind a bookcase....so I ran and got the trap and put it at one end. Then my boyfriend blocked the other end of the bookcase.....she was caught in about 20 minutes! I think they are pretty happy to be back. I must have very lazy cats!!

W

Wenchy

Cowgirl said:
:clap:

Got the brown one tonight!!!! I was watching tv, and saw her run under the table where the tv is sitting. She ran behind a bookcase....so I ran and got the trap and put it at one end. Then my boyfriend blocked the other end of the bookcase.....she was caught in about 20 minutes! I think they are pretty happy to be back. I must have very lazy cats!!

:yay:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
SO what-ja do to KEEP them in the cages? :lol:
We lost a beautiful (expensive) california king snake that way...found the body with no head - i mistook it for a pencil on the living room floor :dead:

Cowgirl

happyappygirl said:
SO what-ja do to KEEP them in the cages? :lol:
We lost a beautiful (expensive) california king snake that way...found the body with no head - i mistook it for a pencil on the living room floor :dead:

Well...I put their cage on top of the bookcase. But last night I put all the mice in a new tank...which is much bigger than their old one. They love it!!

Why do you think your snake was headless? That's too bad he was killed...they are pretty!