It's NOT a train after all!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We just completed what I easily call a FABULOUS visit with our two older ones, 20 and 23.

They both came home for the weekend, the younger girl bringing her boy fried and the older boy bringing his wonderful wife.

We had a huge family party for some birthdays (7 of them within three weeks of this past weekend) and to just celebrate all 6 of us being together for the first time since last Xmas.

They're growing up nicely and the boy is noticeably calmer and just...more mature. He thinks. Clearly. Has lost alot of his compulsiveness and gets along great with wifey. They're a nice team.

It's nice that all those years have resulted in some of the light coming at us being a bright future in the older two because #2 girl still sounds and feels like a locomotive. Baby doesn't seem to want us dead this week.

Last night, 10:30pm "Can we have the cast party here? Tomorrow night (Friday) after the show?" (school play...50 some odd kids)

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours. No.

:jameo:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm enjoying many grown up moments with girl, so I know what you're talking about. I feel I'm being rewarded for being an azzhole, if you know what I mean.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Vrail...

elaine said:
I'm enjoying many grown up moments with girl, so I know what you're talking about. I feel I'm being rewarded for being an azzhole, if you know what I mean.

...is normally the mommy and I'm the sympathetic wuss dad. Lately though, man, it's like she's lost her mind. I even slapped her one she pizzed me off so bad. Then she's testing the limits right after getting off being grounded for the last MONTH.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Larry Gude said:
...is normally the mommy and I'm the sympathetic wuss dad. Lately though, man, it's like she's lost her mind. I even slapped her one she pizzed me off so bad. Then she's testing the limits right after getting off being grounded for the last MONTH.

Sounds like you guys have your hands full. :huggy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Larry Gude said:
...that's why this weekend was so nice; evidence that it MIGHT all work out just fine!

:jameo: :lmao:

I think for most kids it does, it's just getting there that's the challenge.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
I think for most kids it does, it's just getting there that's the challenge.
That's what I keep saying - "Ten years from now, we'll laugh about this." Ha. Ha ha. :ohwell:

But it was a very pleasant week and we really enjoyed the kids. Were sorry to see them go and they were sorry *to* go. I hope all our kids marry as well as Doug did.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
That's what I keep saying - "Ten years from now, we'll laugh about this." Ha. Ha ha. :ohwell:

But it was a very pleasant week and we really enjoyed the kids. Were sorry to see them go and they were sorry *to* go. I hope all our kids marry as well as Doug did.

I don't want mine to marry and go away. I want her to stay home forever.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
I don't want mine to marry and go away. I want her to stay home forever.
There's a real pleasure in having your adult children come home for a visit. You get to see how they've matured and grown, which validates the way you raised them and erases all the stupid things they did as teens to drive you crazy. :lol: