Poll...

So...

• It probably happened just like it says...

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • WCW...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There's likely more to it than this...

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • NWO...

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm curious how many people think the other poll is the full story?

I'm curious because, as written, hell, I'd have voted other; 'what an out of line character this Larry is'.

Mikeinsmd

I'm not into urban slang, rap, hip hop or ebonics so could you tell me what WCW and NWO stands for? Thank you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mikeinsmd said:
could you tell me what WCW and NWO stands for?
Are you serious?????

:faint:

Anyway, there's always *more* to any story, but the facts I laid out are the pertinent ones and don't get into peoples' childhood neuroses or fears leftover from previous relationships. It was a simple matter of "should I have been consulted before Larry gave permission for the girls to have a large sleepover?" I think the answer to that is yes - it's common courtesy from one parent to another.

Agee

Don't have kids, but remember the childhood rules vividly; If you don't do the un-pleasant things (chores), you don't do the pleasant things (have friends over, movies, etc.)

The more you let them slide, the more they'll expect rewards without the effort. Not a judgement on your actions, just the facts...

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:
Are you serious?????

:faint:

Anyway, there's always *more* to any story, but the facts I laid out are the pertinent ones and don't get into peoples' childhood neuroses or fears leftover from previous relationships. It was a simple matter of "should I have been consulted before Larry gave permission for the girls to have a large sleepover?" I think the answer to that is yes - it's common courtesy from one parent to another.
:lmao: Sorry, not into wrastlin either... :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
crabcake said:
:liar: You set up the mud-pit and told KJo and I you liked it dirty. What was THAT all about Mista? :tap:
I don't know what two of the choices mean so I can't vote, but you were wrong, Larry.

K

Kain99

I'm afraid I am not familiar with the codes.... Please explain. Sorry.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Kain99 said:
I'm afraid I am not familiar with the codes.... Please explain. Sorry.
I think wcw means Will Call Willie and nwo means No Way Out. I don't know who Willie is though and I don't have his number. If you get it, let me know so I can call him. TIA.

K

Kain99

BS Gal said:
I think wcw means Will Call Willie and nwo means No Way Out. I don't know who Willie is though and I don't have his number. If you get it, let me know so I can call him. TIA.
When you say "willie" I giggle! :killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Right...

Airgasm said:
Don't have kids, but remember the childhood rules vividly; If you don't do the un-pleasant things (chores), you don't do the pleasant things (have friends over, movies, etc.)

The more you let them slide, the more they'll expect rewards without the effort. Not a judgement on your actions, just the facts...

...and I'd venture that most of us were kids at some point and, even if we didn't have chores, we're at least vaguely familiar with the concept; no desert until you eat your green jello with carrot shavings, that sort of thing.

So, while you're stating facts, wouldn't one wonder that there is, perhaps, more to the story?

For the record, I had chores. I did them. Mostly. Look where that got me; the target of a cyber lynch mob, so ready to judge based on, at best, half the story, uninterested in hearing the rest or even applying experience in how these things work. Often, when it sounds too simple to be so simple...

:pitchforksntorches:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well good...

BS Gal said:
I don't know what two of the choices mean so I can't vote, but you were wrong, Larry.

...throw me in the water. If I drown, I'm innocent. If I live, I'm a warlock!

The spirit of Salem lives!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Fascinating...

...that, in 24 hours, 50 some people were willing to weigh in on the Is Larry Really that Weak of a Parent riot yet only one in 5, in the same amount of time, are interested in the appeal.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Larry Gude said:
...that, in 24 hours, 50 some people were willing to weigh in on the Is Larry Really that Weak of a Parent riot yet only one in 5, in the same amount of time, are interested in the appeal.

If you want to call me on the phone or have a beer, I'll talk to you. I just don't think is the proper venue for it...for either of you.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
cattitude said:
I just don't think is the proper venue for it...for either of you.

I agree here. While it might provide some interesting forum discussion, considering ya'll have a counselor involved in this situation, I really think it's better left off cyberspace and out of the mouths of the people here who know you personally. Save it for a beers-on-the-deck-with-close-friends-night discussion. :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's nice...

...of you both but, please understand that, whatever our problems or squabbles, we wouldn't put it out here if either one of us had the slightest issue with it.

I mean, I can only speak for me, but, I think she'd say the same thing.

Frankly, there's something therapeutic about it. It offers an opportunity to add others perspectives, the chance to really look at yourself, as you're making a point in from of the whole class and not just those who you already know think like you do and, not least, it serves, hopefully, a bit of a public service role in getting some uncomfortable things out in the open that, certainly, we all deal with in some manner or other and maybe, just maybe, might help others.

:larry:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...of you both but, please understand that, whatever our problems or squabbles, we wouldn't put it out here if either one of us had the slightest issue with it.

I mean, I can only speak for me, but, I think she'd say the same thing.

Frankly, there's something therapeutic about it. It offers an opportunity to add others perspectives, the chance to really look at yourself, as you're making a point in from of the whole class and not just those who you already know think like you do and, not least, it serves, hopefully, a bit of a public service role in getting some uncomfortable things out in the open that, certainly, we all deal with in some manner or other and maybe, just maybe, might help others.

:larry:
Sorry Bro, but you were wrong to allow it. Momma put the foot down earlier and your little chicklet played you into allowing her to circumvent that ruling. Bad Larry, now go to the corner until you understand what you have done. (See you in a week or so)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
...throw me in the water. If I drown, I'm innocent. If I live, I'm a warlock!

The spirit of Salem lives!
:rolleyes:

Anyway, Catt and Crab, the reason I put it out here is because I want the truth from people who aren't afraid to say what they think. The counselor and I don't agree on what constitutes "hostility" or "anger". She also frowns on even mild sarcasm - she considers it "hostile". So I don't really take her opinions to the bank, if ya know what I mean.

I completely agree with Larry's response:

Plus ya'll don't have an agenda to take one side over another, like if I called my best girlfriend or Larry called his best bud.