Eye di-alating or however you spelll it

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Eye di-alating or however you spell it

Anyone had this done? I have to get mine done on Thursday and the dr. said I'd be FINE to drive home. I remember people at work having it done and walking around with wierd glasses on afterwords. Can you really go home afterwards or should I stroll down the sidewalk and drink at ABC Liquors until it wears off? TIA

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've had it done any number of times and it's no big deal. But I'd go drink just to be sure. :yay:

J

jaybeeztoo

BS Gal said:
Anyone had this done? I have to get mine done on Thursday and the dr. said I'd be FINE to drive home. I remember people at work having it done and walking around with wierd glasses on afterwords. Can you really go home afterwards or should I stroll down the sidewalk and drink at ABC Liquors until it wears off? TIA

First time I had it done, I needed a ride....second time, it didn't seem so bad. Yes, they give you the funky glasses, which you WILL need if the sun is out. But, I would recommend a ride home if it's your first time. It takes a couple hours to wear off completely.

W

Wenchy

BS Gal said:

I had mine dilated, and then drove home. It was not a good experience. I needed my prescription glasses to drive (I was blind as a bat) and I did not have clip-ons. The sunlight made me cringe and cry. If I had sunglasses, I would have been okay...I think. I should have had a driver.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
vraiblonde said:
I've had it done any number of times and it's no big deal. But I'd go drink just to be sure. :yay:
Thanks, Vrai. Then I'll call hubby from the bar and say I can't drive home cause my eyes are all messed up from the di-lating or however you spell it. This will work well for me. Then I'll call in sick on Friday because of it. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Wenchy said:
I had mine dilated, and then drove home. It was not a good experience. I needed my prescription glasses to drive (I was blind as a bat) and I did not have clip-ons. The sunlight made me cringe and cry. If I had sunglasses, I would have been okay...I think. I should have had a driver.
I have sunglasses, but, worse comes to worse, I'll just walk down to ABC. My pupils will be dialated so I'll fit right in.

J

jaybeeztoo

Wenchy said:

:yeahthat: The light kills your eyes. It was awful my first time.

Pete

Repete
BS Gal said:
Thanks, Vrai. Then I'll call hubby from the bar and say I can't drive home cause my eyes are all messed up from the di-lating or however you spell it. This will work well for me. Then I'll call in sick on Friday because of it. :lmao:
We were at Bayshore today for the annual fleecing of Dad for glasses. My share after insurance was $300 for my glasses and his lenses.

J

jaybeeztoo

BS Gal said:
I have sunglasses, but, worse comes to worse, I'll just walk down to ABC. My pupils will be dialated so I'll fit right in.

Did you just want permission to go to ABC? If so, I say HELL YEAH!!! :cheers:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Pete said:
We were at Bayshore today for the annual fleecing of Dad for glasses. My share after insurance was $300 for my glasses and his lenses.
I was there at 3:00. My share after insurance for my glasses, lenses, exam and the dialating to come, was $108. And I got the super duper stuff on my glasses. They told me we have "excellent" insurance that allows a yearly replacement. I hadn't been for 3 years.

Pete

Repete
BS Gal said:
I was there at 3:00. My share after insurance for my glasses, lenses, exam and the dialating to come, was $108. And I got the super duper stuff on my glasses. They told me we have "excellent" insurance that allows a yearly replacement. I hadn't been for 3 years.
We got there at 4:15. I got the anti glare crap too.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
CMC122 said:
Hubby hates the anti glare crap and said he'll never get it again.
She talked me into it, but still, $108 for all that? if I don't like it, I'll use the old ones and go back in a year and get new ones.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I had it done a few weeks ago - first time ever. Whoa, talk about weird! :lol: I was able to drive, but things were a bit distorted. It took a while to actually be able to see what was directly in front of me and I couldn't read a monitor to save my life. :lol: