Ear tubes HELP!!

Tina2001aniT

As most of you know the kiddo had ear tubes (alkong with a bunch of other surgeries) put in about a month ago. Her ear is now DRIPPING fluid....
I have a call into her ENT, anyone know if this is normal??

mainman

Set Trippin
Tina2001aniT said:
No odor, mostly clear, but appears to have a pink tinge.....
Im wondering if its an infection, and the tubes are doing what they are supposed to do...:shrug:

Tina2001aniT

mainman said:
Im wondering if its an infection, and the tubes are doing what they are supposed to do...:shrug:

:shrug: I dunno, It is just the amount of drainage that is bothering me, she has a quarter sized spot on her bed, and it is still going, her hair is all wet and everything.....just seems like a hell of a lot of dripping. She has custonm made ear plugs that keep the water out, so that is all "inside" fluid of some sort.....

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Tina

My son had tube for the longest time. When he did get an ear infection they would drain. Usually it had some blood in it. Talk about scary the first time! I was at the dr. office before they opened so that I could be the frist one seen.
Hope all works out. From reading all your post you have had a time with those ears.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Tina2001aniT said:
:shrug: I dunno, It is just the amount of drainage that is bothering me, she has a quarter sized spot on her bed, and it is still going, her hair is all wet and everything.....just seems like a hell of a lot of dripping. She has custonm made ear plugs that keep the water out, so that is all "inside" fluid of some sort.....

Ekk. Hope it isn't anything too terrible.

watercolor

yeah yeah
That sounds like EXACTLY what mine use to do when I use to get ear infections. And- my ear infections happened without water getting in them- it just could matter the way the wind was blowing and how hard, ya know? But that is what it sounds like- and the amount sounds like what I had.

Make sure to check for odor. Because that will be a telltale sign- also ask her if her ear itches like hell.

mamissa3

Tina2001aniT said:
Check your VM......

Drs. Appt at 8:30ish....

Doc seems to think we are ok.... :phew:

Somebody should have told us that this would happen :burning:
That happened with my son too. No one told us, we were on vacation when it hapened. It eneded up being an infection.

jayden0405

Tina2001aniT said:
As most of you know the kiddo had ear tubes (alkong with a bunch of other surgeries) put in about a month ago. Her ear is now DRIPPING fluid....
I have a call into her ENT, anyone know if this is normal??

My son had tubes put in in March 06, when I saw his ear drain I freked out called his ENT, went and and everything was OK, she said it was draining because he DID have an infection, but that was a GOOD thing that it drained that's what it was suppose to do. THat the infection wasnt staying in the ear and bulging and causing pain. EVer since that one problem my 18mth old has been GREAT!

Hope it all works out!

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I'm having tubes put in next week. :bawl:
I hate surgeries. But apparently I've never outgrown these things. It will be the second time in my life that I've had them.