motor bikes

punjabigyrl

For those that own motorbikes,What would be the best for me to learn on since I have short legs that barely reach the ground. I want to learn how to ride a bike. Or are there any bike that cater to a 5'4" height woman?

onebdzee

off the shelf
punjabigyrl said:
For those that own motorbikes,What would be the best for me to learn on since I have short legs that barely reach the ground. I want to learn how to ride a bike. Or are there any bike that cater to a 5'4" height woman?

PM'er BS Gal....she has a Rebel 250 sitting in her garage that needs to leave....You should learn on the bike that you plan on riding

I also HIGHLY suggest if this is your first time riding, to take the Motorcycle Safety Course(you need it to get your license)

BTW....I'm 5'4"(116lbs) and I own a Sportster 1200C :yay: It's not the size of the bike, it's the way you handle it(Petey and Aps, get your minds out of the gutter)

onebdzee said:
PM'er BS Gal....she has a Rebel 250 sitting in her garage that needs to leave....You should learn on the bike that you plan on riding

I also HIGHLY suggest if this is your first time riding, to take the Motorcycle Safety Course(you need it to get your license)

BTW....I'm 5'4"(116lbs) and I own a Sportster 1200C :yay: It's not the size of the bike, it's the way you handle it(Petey and Aps, get your minds out of the gutter)
Im here now so she may wanna PM me:yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
punjabigyrl said:
I have a Rebel for ya. Great learning bike, low mileage, no dings and low to the ground (I'm 5'3 and both feet sit flat on the ground). I won't be back to St. Mary's till Wednesday. You can PM thatkidistight if you'd like to look at it in the meantime. He's on dog watch this week.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Take the Safety Course, they will provide you with either the 250 cc Honda Rebel or Night Hawk.
When it comes time to get your first bike, visit showrooms and sit on as many bikes as you can.
Don't forget that when the gas prices went up, most manufacturers updated their scooter lines. Since the portion of the bike between the seat and handlebars is open, it's VERY easy to get your feet on the ground. Most of the scooters have a CVT (automatic) transmision, great weather protection, large cargo capacity and will run on the interstate at super legal speed.
Check out the manufacturers websites, read the specs, look at the pics and see what appeals to YOU.
Suzuki
Yamaha
Honda
Kawasaki
Triumph
Harley-Davidson
BMW

onebdzee

off the shelf
BS Gal said:
I have a Rebel for ya. Great learning bike, low mileage, no dings and low to the ground (I'm 5'3 and both feet sit flat on the ground). I won't be back to St. Mary's till Wednesday. You can PM thatkidistight if you'd like to look at it in the meantime. He's on dog watch this week.

You didn't tell us where the keys were to your cars....so, we had some of the guys physically move them for us :biggrin:

I wonder if the tire marks will still be visable on the side yard when you get back....if they are, we didn't do it :whistle:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
onebdzee said:
Nope, you should learn on a bike that has low horsepower and is more forgiving then the bike you plan to ride for the next five years. Most people learn on a 500cc or less, than a year or two later trade up to the bike they really want. I saw a young guy at my MSF course trying to ride a GSX-R as his first bike, and we watched him drop his brand new bike three times that day.

Make and model really don't matter, rider comfort and for her, the ability to touch the ground would be pretty important.

I would agree with the MSF course before you buy a bike. They supply the rides, usually little Rebel 250's or little BUELL's. Take the course and you can decide if it's for you or not, before you spend the money. They even have all woman classes if that would make you more comfortable.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
Take the Safety Course, they will provide you with either the 250 cc Honda Rebel or Night Hawk.
When it comes time to get your first bike, visit showrooms and sit on as many bikes as you can.
Don't forget that when the gas prices went up, most manufacturers updated their scooter lines. Since the portion of the bike between the seat and handlebars is open, it's VERY easy to get your feet on the ground. Most of the scooters have a CVT (automatic) transmision, great weather protection, large cargo capacity and will run on the interstate at super legal speed.
Check out the manufacturers websites, read the specs, look at the pics and see what appeals to YOU.
Suzuki
Yamaha
Honda
Kawasaki
Triumph
Harley-Davidson
BMW
:yeahthat:

And don't decide on the bike type by what others say. I've known a few people that bought bikes that others suggested, and they didn't like them, they ended up selling after a few short months and getting the bike they wanted.

Sit on them, take them for rides, find out which bike fits you best!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
onebdzee said:
You didn't tell us where the keys were to your cars....so, we had some of the guys physically move them for us :biggrin:

I wonder if the tire marks will still be visable on the side yard when you get back....if they are, we didn't do it :whistle:
Not a problem. If you could just bring some top soil in to fix those areas and grass seed and, while fixing those areas, also seed the areas where the trees were taken out, I'd be most thankful. :huggy:

I love my new grandbabies. I have been holding the six month old non-stop. The two year old has warmed up to the old man, but not me yet. :huggy:

onebdzee

off the shelf
BS Gal said:
Not a problem. If you could just bring some top soil in to fix those areas and grass seed and, while fixing those areas, also seed the areas where the trees were taken out, I'd be most thankful. :huggy:

There isn't enough top soil and grass seed in the world to fill in all those tracks