Fine motor games

Geek

Anybody have some good fine motor game ideas that helped their kids develop this skill? I am getting a lite brite, we bought battleship. Any other ideas :shrug:

Geek

MMDad said:
Jigsaw puzzles, mouse based computer games.

I got the ol' lite brite cube in the amazon shopping cart and I need another $10 to get free shipping. What do you think of car models :shrug: Are they too tough for a 7 years old? He loves cars.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Geek said:
I got the ol' lite brite cube in the amazon shopping cart and I need another $10 to get free shipping. What do you think of car models :shrug: Are they too tough for a 7 years old? He loves cars.
Snap together should be fine. I know there are some made for that age.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Geek said:
Anybody have some good fine motor game ideas that helped their kids develop this skill? I am getting a lite brite, we bought battleship. Any other ideas :shrug:

Legos, K'nex and other building/construction toys.

lil_daisy

if you are strengthening the muscles in his fingers:
Playdough, clay,origami (folding paper)-airplanes-origami ornaments for the tree-my brother did this as a small child. check out a book form the library or get a book in your amazon shopping cart.

other ideas: Painting, finger painting,
tub paints if child still takes baths. sidewalk chalk

sand-tables-
rice tubs-

learing keyboard typing on the puter or a musical keyboard

:larry: or guitar

bake! make cookies- let child use the rolling pin and the cookie cutters :)

dustin

UAIOE
video games for hand/eye coordination. a 7 yr old should have no problem. my 4 year old plays ATV offroad fury 2 on PS2 as if he'd been doing it for years. he knows how to do the tricks and everything. :lol:

i also suggest legos.

he also does paintbrush on the computer.

coloring books too...staying in the lines...