What's in a name?

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Being relatively new to this board, I'm curious as to how everyone got the screen names they use here!
How about it?

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
why not

well why not and tell everyone. Simple enough here. I used to be in the Corps as a Sgt. the sprout part well...I am short. Like the green giant comemrcial for brussel "sprouts" thats Me.

A little green sprout.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I usually say it's a pun - I'm very 'frank' - but the honest to God truth is, I had two friends by that name when I began posting on here oh so very long ago. And most people posting then used their real names, so I just gave a real first name.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Hmmmm....

Well lets see, I'm not into mystery, and being overly creative makes my brain hurt so it was between two names that I've been called my entire life, B!tch or Christy! ;) So I went with Christy! :D

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I'm the Israeli Prime Minister from the middle east.:D

Last edited:

tater

Hmmmm, there are a few reasons why I picked my name.

(1) Any word longer than 5 letters is hard for this Missouri boy
spell/pronounce/remember.

(2) My Grandpa used to say tater instead of potato. NOTE:
mater = tomato, also. (No, really, look it up...it's right there
in the hillbilly dictionary)

(3) A guy on a really funny comedy CD I have uses it as an alias
(he actually used "tater salad" --- I shortened it (see #1
above)

(4) BCHBNS was already taken
:burning:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't remember how I came up with mine, its been so long...:confused:

I love roses, but prefer the purple ones more so than the red ones, so who the heck knows.....

DarbyOhara

Musician
Hmmmm....

Made up this nic long ago on a voice/chat program called mplayer and 4anything.com. Everyone had unique nics and I at first would use Darmar (my dungeons & dragons daze), but around 98, change it to:

Darby: Came from the Walt Disney classic "Darby O'Gill and the Little People".... my fav classic! Darby was the old man who outsmarted the leprechaun... lol

Ohara: Came from the Bruce Lee movie "Enter the Dragon"... Ohara was the mean bad guy with the scar on his face, who killed Bruce Lee's sister. Not a fan of his, but liked the name.... lol

dat's it!

G

giggles04

With me... my name is a nickname Giggles (if you knew me, you'd understand why it fits so well).... and the 04 goes for Company 4... otherwise known as the Ridge Volunteer Fire Department... what can I say? I'm a ridge runner! hahaha:)

John Z

if you will
Boooring....

No exciting story here. :(

Just my name.

I've thought of changing my screen name to "Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo", but that's too long. So "John Z" will do for now.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by BchBns
BchBns=Beach Buns

How 'bout you, bknarw? Where does that come from? :confused:

My mother is full blooded Shawnee. Her actual name is Mountain Laurel. They had a really hard time when they were kids and don't talk a lot about the old days, so the Indian Lore has always been at a bit of a shortfall. I kept after her for years to give me an Indian name, so finally, as a joke, she called me "Broken Arrow".

jimmy

Drunkard
Wow, Bknarw, that's actually a pretty cool story...

Well I was named after my father's identical twin (James). His son was named after my dad (David).

Sometime during college, everyone started calling me Jimmy and I have no idea why it started. One of those things that kinda just took on a life of its own.

Now it's pretty much stuck so I use it here.

Hey Andwhat--you know, I still have no idea why you post using that? And did you ever hear Golden's reason??? What a tool!!

andwhat

Mine comes from when I use to box. That was kinda the saying in our gym, after you knock someone down you'd look at them and say "and what bitch" as in you got anything else to say, didn't think so. Kinda hokie but good memories.

Jimmy, who's golden and what's they're reason? I really want to know Daniel's reason. I have no clue on that one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sharon :roflmao:

I actually got asked this a lot at the party. "Vrai" means "true" in French (don't start with me, Christy!). Blonde is the color of my hair. So I am "true blonde".

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Sea: I love all things related to the ocean, fish, coral reefs, the beach, you name it! (Cariblue, I am SO with you on the fabulousness of the Florida Keys!)

Squirt: I'm only 5'1" (but still taller than my mother).

Seasquirt: One of a group of animals called "tunicates"; they are sessile marine animals. They're pretty unique because in their larval stage they have a "notochord", which is the beginning of a backbone. This disappears when they attach themselves to the reef or the ocean floor and begin their adult lives, but they are still classified as verterbrates. (Not saying that I'm spineless!)