single working parents play group?

jmom

I am a single working Mom in search of a play group on weekends. My son is five. we are in mechanicsville.

All the groups I have seen so far are stay-at-home moms where i dont have much in common with the parents.....

bcp

In My Opinion
jmom said:
I am a single working Mom in search of a play group on weekends. My son is five. we are in mechanicsville.

All the groups I have seen so far are stay-at-home moms where i dont have much in common with the parents.....
so,,, ummm,,, are these "play" groups open to fat balding married men with bad feet and no morals?

you know, Im just asking.

lil_daisy

if you are looking for a saturday play date- try soccer
all games are on saturdays at the chaptico park, you'll meet moms who do and don't work. :)
if soccer isn't his thing, there's little gym in waldorf and karate places- can't give any recommendations- but I'm sure others can.
boy scouts/cub scouts-
umm- football, t-ball in the spring, swimming lessons at great mills

as far as single working mom parent groups- don't know of any. Start one!

see where you can meet- at one's home or a community place like a church fellowship hall or school. maybe a day care facility would let you rent out a classroom for after hours.

Pandora

aps45819 said:
My son is 8, is this for the kids to play or the parents?

That was what I was wondering. :confused:

If she works, her child gets social interaction at daycare or school. A weekend play group for a single parent sounds like somebody is looking for a babysitter.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
lil_daisy said:
if you are looking for a saturday play date- try soccer
all games are on saturdays at the chaptico park, you'll meet moms who do and don't work. :)
if soccer isn't his thing, there's little gym in waldorf and karate places- can't give any recommendations- but I'm sure others can.
boy scouts/cub scouts-
umm- football, t-ball in the spring, swimming lessons at great mills

as far as single working mom parent groups- don't know of any. Start one!

see where you can meet- at one's home or a community place like a church fellowship hall or school. maybe a day care facility would let you rent out a classroom for after hours.

Add wrestling to that as well!!! Try SMJWL

bcp

In My Opinion
I was kinda thinking it sounded like the moms were going to hook up for a play date..

now I understand the concern.
ewww

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
bcp said:
I was kinda thinking it sounded like the moms were going to hook up for a play date..

now I understand the concern.
ewww

The tread said single parents. I thought it was a way to entertain the rugrats while the the various parents could plan HOOKUPS

just my thought :whistle:

bcp

In My Opinion
Dougstermd said:
The tread said single parents. I thought it was a way to entertain the rugrats while the the various parents could plan HOOKUPS

just my thought :whistle:
I dont know but, after I realized what they thought I said, and then I realized what she was looking for and realized how it looked with what I said,,, I felt dirty, and vile.
I took an hour long shower with an electric cord tied tight to my winky while reading the bible.

again.
I aint no homo, and I damn sure aint no child molester.

but I do suddenly have this really strange twitch in my eye for some reason.

bcp

In My Opinion
Dougstermd said:
i thought you were a dirty old man. i did not take it as you were a child molester.:smack:

did you get the tv hooked up?
thank you for those kind words.

yes, the tv is up and running, but not yet mounted to the wall.
I can wait for that.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
single working parents ... 11-11-2006 06:30 PM they could come to your trailer and party?

To my karma giver: Its not a trailer its manafactured housing:smack:

it would be a trailer if it still had a tongue and tires.

I take offense to the term trailer it HURTS MY FEELIN!

oh I almost forgot the :sarcasm:

jmom

guess i didnt start that off right...not looking for a swinging singles group, babysitter, or boyfriend....just a few (regular) friends for myself and my son. being a single parent is hard...thought if i found people in a similiar situation it'd be nice ....we'd understand each other's world a little bit. I actually do the sports thing with my son and the school functions but feel a bit self concious sometimes when all the other kids have moms and dads there..... thanks for those with serious advice and sorry to everyone else for being confusing