Weekend the 8th

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Ok, this is going to be short. Now that the party is behind us - does anyone want to get out this weekend (especially because - Vicki is back!). Since this is Monday, we need to form a consensus quick, and get some folks on board. If we can get four or more people to go, we should all go do something - a movie, whatever.

Isn't Chicago in town? The tickets are a little steep. Does anyone want to do that?

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
That sounds good, but if we do something like that we can't sit and talk! And you know how I lovvvvvve to talk!:p

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Well tickets are a bit steep, even though I have been at concerts where I've had a chance to talk (those have been at Merriweather, where you sit out in the grass). Hmmm.

Our normal modus operandi has been to meet at a bar, and either do movie then dinner, or movie then drinks or what have you. There's still a few out there I haven't seen. I still haven't seen Star Wars, or The Sum of All Fears, but I'm not stuck on any one of them.

Just need to know who can make it. It's only Tuesday, but this is one weekend I don't have any plans. The rest of the month is pretty much spoken for.

S

Sticks

HI, If you are looking for a show or something, Sunday the 9th is Nepfest at Neptunes. 10 Bands, 5 inside and 5 on a stage just built outside. It promotes southern maryland local talent and there will be a 2 hour radio show for original southern maryland music in the following weeks. It's something like $7 at the door and they are running drink and food specials all day. I am in 2 of the bands playing.
See yas!
John

BudoPo

I've got a few things to take of, but nothing set in stone. I'm pretty flexible Saturday and Sunday for whatever we decide.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Ok, this is good. This makes three, I think (still there, missi?). And I'd like a chance to talk to you about a lot of things, too, Budo. A lot of stuff has come up recently, and you seem to have the answers for them. If Vicki wants to join us, that'd be four.

Maybe I can bribe Vicki with an attempt at karaoke again.....

BudoPo

Originally posted by Frank
And I'd like a chance to talk to you about a lot of things, too, Budo. A lot of stuff has come up recently, and you seem to have the answers for them.

I was debating whether to reply to this with "Yep, that's me; a veritable fountain of information" or with "Oh, geez, not *another* groupie following me around looking for enlightenment". Just kidding, of course, and thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I'd like to chew the fat this weekend, too. I should be able to make it.

zyrne

Friday?

I'm heading out on travel again starting on Saturday and won't be around for 2 weeks... so......Anyone up for drinks Friday night somewhere??:cheers:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Well I can do that, too, and it'd be a good chance to talk again.

Name your spot.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Well this Friday and Saturday are the last open days I have till July, so I am game, and so is zyrne (for Friday). It's still Wednesday, and the concert is sold out, so I'm open for anything.

Let's get a small group for something. Do we want to do dinner, movie, drinks, karaoke, ---- anything? The only thing I'm not crazy about is being in a very crowded and noisy bar - something quieter is fine for me. I think it's great to talk, and Budo and zyrne are very interesting people.

AND Vicki *especially*, IF we can get her to show up....!

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
I think it's great to talk, and Budo and zyrne are very interesting people.

Hey what about me!! I guess I'm just the young boring one!:bawl: Seriously something came up this weekend. I'm sorry. But name the date and I'll be there with bells on!!:lmao: Sorry Frank!

zyrne

Friday

Anywhere is fine by me....

If we're going to catch a movie afterwards, someplace close to the theatre is probably best.......

Cadillac Jacks has some pool tables and a teeny dance floor, if that's not too far down the social ladder :p

Or someplace nicer such as Northridge, Applebees or some such.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Ok. Friday at Northridge to meet at 6:00? for drinks. If we decide to see a movie or go somewhere to eat - or just eat appetizers there - then let's do that. Right now I'm not into master planning an event. I'd rather wing it for the moment.

(Fortunately NOW, most of us recognize each other, thank God).

If anyone wants to do Saturday, chime in *also*. Like I said, these two days are open for me, and I'm cool with both of them.

zyrne

NorthRidge

NorthRidge is the bar attached to the Best Western in Lexington Park on Rte 235.

On the right, just past the Wal-Mart if you're coming South on 235.:getdown:

BudoPo

I doubt I can make it on Friday. I'll be up North of D.C. that day, and don't think I'll make it back in time. Saturday works better for me, but I'll defer to whatever everyone else decides. Unless you want to meet *both* days. :)

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
There is the crab festival this weekend in St. mary's - I also think there is a carnival/fair.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Well Budo, I can make both days - like I said, this is gonna be my last free days for almost a month, and I aint sitting at home.

migtig - I appreciate the mention, but I don't think the fairs are going to be good to do at night with a handful of people who slightly know each other.

Who will be there Friday?
Who can be (anywhere) Saturday?