Dental Plan/Dentist

SamSpade

I haven't been to a dentist since I moved to St Mary's, and my dental plans have changed without me actually GOING to one. I think my teeth are in serious trouble. So I have a few questions.

1. I know most dental plans suck - but - which ones do you use, and - well - how good are they?

2. Which dentist do you go to? I've been to dentists before that always take cash and instruct you how to fill out the reimbursements yourself - needless to say, I didn't go back to them after the first time.

3. Are any dental plans - "cumulative"? As in, will one dental plan pick up where another leaves off? My wife has a dental plan that covers me - and I have one that covers her. I suspect they BOTH suck, but if they combine, maybe I might get something out of it.

SamSpade

Does anyone ever have to deal with dual coverage? The Delta Dental site says the PPO's usually coordinate costs - so that if the primary covers MORE than the secondary, the secondary will cover nothing, but if it covers less, it will supplement the primary up to ITS full amount.

Basically, it works so that you get the best each one offers for each situation - but they don't "add up". If one covers 10% and the other 20% - you get 20 - not 30.

Does anyone do dual coverage, and how do you choose your "primary" or do you even HAVE a choice?

SamSpade

jwwb2000 said:
We have Delta Dental and go to Tidewater. They take care of all the paperwork for us.

My wife goes to Tidewater - I'm thinking that's where I'll go, since I just learned they are BC/BS preferred provider - or at least, the directory says so.

goldielocks7

company provider is aetna dental insurance. 0% coverage of braces. Though my son did have oral surgery this past July and that amount I had to pay of pocket was $480.00 after the insurance covered 1600.00 of it. Could of been worst

K

Katie

I use tidewater and have delta dental.

This upcoming year I will be covered dualy since I have dental drama it seems every summer.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I have United Concordia and I see Dr. Blair Wood. He is located next to Ledo's (by the movie theater) in Lexington Park. Nothing bad to say about him or his wonderful staff. :yay:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Chasey_Lane said:
I have United Concordia and I see Dr. Blair Wood. He is located next to Ledo's (by the movie theater) in Lexington Park. Nothing bad to say about him or his wonderful staff. :yay:
I've been going to Dr. Wood for years. I also have United Concordia. And, yes, he does have a great staff.