Bethesda to New Jersey??

rrruuunnn

has anyone drove from Bethesda to New Jersey during late December? I am from texas and considering driving, but wondering if there is something that i need to know about the weather and travel time?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
you should check the weather before you go. try weather.com
Odds are the traffic conditions will vary between now and Christmas.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
rrruuunnn said:
worst case scenario, please?
is this a scenic drive?
:lol: not running up 95

Worst case I can think of would be terrorists using atomic waste and detonating a "dirty bomb" at a major highway intersection along your route. You can expect heavy traffic, but odds are you're a girly man with an automatic transmission so you'll be OK

Might want to invest in an Easy Pass before the trip.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
rrruuunnn said:
has anyone drove from Bethesda to New Jersey during late December? I am from texas and considering driving, but wondering if there is something that i need to know about the weather and travel time?

Just check weather before you go. Jersey weather isn't much different than here. If you pick up I-95 north expect a bunch of tolls. Less that $20 or so. Not sure how far into Jersey you are going though. Of course you will be heading towards New York and then onto the turnpike. Not very senic at all.

Cockdiesel

Mr. Contemptuous
rrruuunnn said:

Are you considering driving or set on it? Really, the train is much easier. And most likely just as cheap.

rrruuunnn

i am considering flying into newark go to the wedding and driving to bethesda to see a friend, then fly out from there.

i guess, flying into bethesda and driving round trip to newark is out of the question.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
rrruuunnn said:
should i expect to double the travel time?
I just came back Sunday from NYC. We left Friday and hit absolutely no traffic either way. Newark is a dump and you shouldn't expect it to be a scenic drive. You can take 95 all the way and you'll see signs for Newark.