Wiper refills

bohman

Anybody recommend one brand over another? I normally wind up buying whatever is cheapest, I think Anco?, and I'm not really happy with them. They work great for a couple weeks and then they start leaving the windshield streaky. Is there a better brand? I'd love to know what brand came from the factory on my car; they lasted a very long time before I had to replace them.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Anco makes a premium refill with a 19- prefix. Part number would be 19-18, 19-20, 19-22 depending on length. You may try that refill as it is made from an upgraded "rubber" material.

Beyond that, you should expect to replace refills every 4-6 months no matter what the brand so your idea of going with the least expensive name-brand probably isn't such a bad idea anyway.

smoothmarine187

I just buy the cheapest ones I can find......they won't ever last long around here since it goes from 70 to 30 on a daily basis.

bohman

Thanks, I'll check those out. I'd pretty much resigned myself to replacing wipers every few months, but the ones that came on my current car lasted so long (about a year) I started to hope that I could find something better.

willie

It doesn't take long to get a windshield pitted around here. If that happens, new wipers won't help much but RainX makes an abrasive cleaner that might work.

J

juggy4805

Bosch makes the best Wipers. You have to replace the entire blade though.

01mds10

i've always used trico teflon blades. i like them. i put them on my s10 p/u nearly a year ago, they still work just fine.

hint: the blade may come with an alcohol swab, use the alcohol swab on the blade before installing it on your vehicle. the rubbing alcohol helps preserve the life of the blade!

hope that helps.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
01mds10 said:
but wouldn't riding the motorcycle in the rain be more fun :lmao:
traffic + not being able to see + reduced traction does not = fun

but the fog/hail/rain/thunderstorm coming down the mountain from the Skyline Drive in June was an adventure that I'm glad I didn't miss.