Private School Recommendation?

saddlemount

Mudslinger
My wife and I are thinking about moving our 12-year old into private school. He's in all the advanced classes, band etc. and still coasting along getting straight A's. We had tried to get his gradeschool to advance him a few years ago but they were reluctant to do so, something to do with his emotional makeup or some such rather than academic reasons. Guess we could try that again now - maybe middleschool would be more receptive to the idea.

Anyway we feel like he needs more challenges. We got a call from his math teacher a couple weeks ago because he was talking during class, calling out answers before other kids got a chance to reply. So yea he's bright but he's also a major pain in the butt - very high strung and far more trouble than our other two put together.

Can anyone recommend a school for advanced kids? I was googling around and came across one in Upper Marlboro called Queen Anne School. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks All!

- SM

CMC122

Go Braves!
Queen Anne is a very good college prep school! My old babysitter graduated from there 2 years ago. She is very smart and said it was hard as hell but well worth it now:yay:

I was baptized and married at St. Barnabas:dance:

saddlemount

Mudslinger
You people are wonderful! I had investigated Calverton also. There's a website called "GreatSchools.net" that provides information and a section where people can write in their experiences. It sounded like Queen Anne might be a little better than Calverton. I just emailed Queen Anne to get their thoughts on whether it makes sense for us to apply.

I'll check back periodically and issue a progress report. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated too!

- SM

Barnacle

saddlemount said:
My wife and I are thinking about moving our 12-year old into private school. He's in all the advanced classes, band etc. and still coasting along getting straight A's. We had tried to get his gradeschool to advance him a few years ago but they were reluctant to do so, something to do with his emotional makeup or some such rather than academic reasons. Guess we could try that again now - maybe middleschool would be more receptive to the idea.

Anyway we feel like he needs more challenges. We got a call from his math teacher a couple weeks ago because he was talking during class, calling out answers before other kids got a chance to reply. So yea he's bright but he's also a major pain in the butt - very high strung and far more trouble than our other two put together.

Can anyone recommend a school for advanced kids? I was googling around and came across one in Upper Marlboro called Queen Anne School. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks All!

- SM

What school system is your son currently attending?