Thanksgiving Classic

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Took DQ to Southern National Speedway today for the Turkey Day Classic. Denny Hamlin was there (he won the race last year and used to race at this track a good bit). He was kind enough to autograph DQ's Tony Stewart hat (at least it's his team mate :shrug:) and have his picture taken with her. She also made friends with a cutie-patootie of a driver by the name of Ryan Rhodes, who upon striking up conversation through the fence while we waited in line for DH, invited us to watch the race from atop his hauler. :biggrin:

Attachments

• DH-autograph.gif
    DH-autograph.gif
    98.6 KB · Views: 131
  • K-&-Denny-Hamlin.gif
    K-&-Denny-Hamlin.gif
    89.3 KB · Views: 158
  • K-&-Ryan-Rhodes1.gif
    K-&-Ryan-Rhodes1.gif
    95.9 KB · Views: 148
  • K-&-Ryan-Rhodes.gif
    K-&-Ryan-Rhodes.gif
    87.9 KB · Views: 152
  • view-from-hauler.gif
    view-from-hauler.gif
    87.5 KB · Views: 143

Claff

Where is this track? Heard of it, haven't been there obviously.

I know this is big dirt country but I'm a pavement guy. Haven't made it to Manassas yet, better get there soon before it's bulldozed. Back in October I took a ride down to South Boston for a private event held there and thought it was a nice place, and we're racing there next year with the Busch East Series.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Claff said:
Where is this track? Heard of it, haven't been there obviously.

I know this is big dirt country but I'm a pavement guy. Haven't made it to Manassas yet, better get there soon before it's bulldozed. Back in October I took a ride down to South Boston for a private event held there and thought it was a nice place, and we're racing there next year with the Busch East Series.

It's just south of Rocky Mount, NC. Nice track. 17 degree banking in the turns. :yay: