Need Help from parents

concernedxdadx

Deputy XXXX conducted a traffic stop in the Mechanicsville area and identified the operator as XXXXXX(Age 28 of Lexington Park).and Suspect XXXXXX (Age 29 of Lexington Park) as a passenger. Both Suspects were found to be in possession of at least ten (10) needles, several packets of heroin and several crack cocaine smoking devices. There were charged with various Controlled Dangerous Substance violations.

Let's say, hypothetically you came across this article on this SOMD site and the person named in the article is the custodial parent of your child. You are not familiar with maryland law because you are in California, but are very concerned about the safety of your child. What would be the most direct and legal route to take?

I'm not sure if this is posted in the right forum, but any help or referrals would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Azzy

concernedxdadx said:
Deputy XXXX conducted a traffic stop in the Mechanicsville area and identified the operator as XXXXXX(Age 28 of Lexington Park).and Suspect XXXXXX (Age 29 of Lexington Park) as a passenger. Both Suspects were found to be in possession of at least ten (10) needles, several packets of heroin and several crack cocaine smoking devices. There were charged with various Controlled Dangerous Substance violations.

Let's say, hypothetically you came across this article on this SOMD site and the person named in the article is the custodial parent of your child. You are not familiar with maryland law because you are in California, but are very concerned about the safety of your child. What would be the most direct and legal route to take?

I'm not sure if this is posted in the right forum, but any help or referrals would be appreciated. Thanks.
Get a lawyer

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
concernedxdadx said:

I'm not a law expert either, but that sounds like enough for "possesion with intent to sell".

Azzy

concernedxdadx said:
Do you of any "reputable" ones in that area? I know it's kind of an oxymoron. :jameo:
I have no idea. Would you get one here or in CA though, I would think you would get one where you live.

concernedxdadx

Azzy said:
I have no idea. Would you get one here or in CA though, I would think you would get one where you live.

From what CA lawyers have said, it has to be one from MD since the child is living there.

Azzy

concernedxdadx said:
From what CA lawyers have said, it has to be one from MD since the child is living there.
So what do you have to do then? Fly out here each time you have court or whatever? I don't live in St Mary's so I dont know lawyers down there. When I went to court for my divorce/domestic issue, I used Mike Miller's office and somehow managed to get screwed. Thats the only lawyer experience I've had. Sorry I cant be more help. Good luck though.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Check back later this morning or this afternoon. There are smarter people on this board than I in matters like this but most people are not on before 6 or 7 in the morning. You should have plenty of responses by then. And probably quite a few nasty one's but ignore them.

concernedxdadx

Azzy said:
So what do you have to do then? Fly out here each time you have court or whatever? I don't live in St Mary's so I dont know lawyers down there. When I went to court for my divorce/domestic issue, I used Mike Miller's office and somehow managed to get screwed. Thats the only lawyer experience I've had. Sorry I cant be more help. Good luck though.

That's what I'm wondering.... I would figure with charges like that the mother could be possibly incarcerated and the child "should" go to his natural father right? but, like I said, I'm not familiar with MD law.

concernedxdadx

Bustem' Down said:
Check back later this morning or this afternoon. There are smarter people on this board than I in matters like this but most people are not on before 6 or 7 in the morning. You should have plenty of responses by then. And probably quite a few nasty one's but ignore them.

Thanks! I'll check back tomorrow.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Contact the State's Attorney Office for St. Mary's County
301-475-4590
That's who handles stuff like support and custody

the investigator is Daniel Morris 301-475-5621

This is assuming the mother is a resident here. If not, you'll need to contact a similar official wherever the original custody decree came from. That court would have jurisdiction.

Last edited:

jenbengen

Watch it
Are you in the military? If so, maybe the law office on base can guide you to what to do next. If not, maybe you could call social services here and ask what they can offer you as far as direction. It's possible that something is already being investigated if they know there are children around.

J

julz20684

concernedxdadx said:

Bryan Dugan of Dugan, McKissick, Wood & Longmore :yay: 301-862-3764

J

julz20684

concernedxdadx said:
That's what I'm wondering.... I would figure with charges like that the mother could be possibly incarcerated and the child "should" go to his natural father right? but, like I said, I'm not familiar with MD law.

Call the Sheriff's office and explain the situation to find out if she is being held. Do you know of the contacts she would have in case of an emergency where the child might be if infact she is incarcerated?

J

julz20684

aps45819 said:
Contact the State's Attorney Office for St. Mary's County
301-475-4590
That's who handles stuff like support and custody

the investigator is Daniel Morris 301-475-5621

This is assuming the mother is a resident here. If not, you'll need to contact a similar official wherever the original custody decree came from. That court would have jurisdiction.

Excellent advice Aps!