i need help with a homework problem, dealing with excel

sarahrose

i need help with an excel problem. I need to use excel to create a bowling score. I am not sure even how to start or where to start from. Anyone good with Excel program. PLease help it is dues next wed.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Type your formula in the column that you want the total in, then click and drag it downwards thru the cells so you don't have to keep redoing the formula
ie:
to total across type
=SUM(B2:E2)
to total down type
=SUM(B2:B10)
to pick and choose what to total type
=B1+B14

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think I undersatnd your problem. You want to take an Excel sheeto and turn it into a Bowling Score sheet.. that will automatically tally a score.. ie if it's an open frame it will add the total pins to the score and post the score in the frame, if they get a spare it will wait for the first ball in the next frame then add that and post it... For frames 1-9 you should be able to formulate an if statement that can be copied to ALL fames (or THREE if statements.. one for an open frame, tally now.. one for SPARE wait for nest ball, and one for Strike.. wait for next TWO balls....
If you use two rows of the excel sheet, the top row would be seperated into "first ball" and "second ball" (and "third ball" for the Tenth frame) the bottom row you can remove the liine seperating the 1st and second ball and that would be your "Frame" so you would have a box with the top seperated in two, the top two boxes would be for data entry should be no formulas there, the bottom half would be NO data entry but would contain your if statements, and your SUM... Hope this helps!! Good luck!