At what age

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Ummmm...when they're responsible enough to manipulate nail clippers without lopping off the end of their fingers.

Geek

BadGirl said:
Ummmm...when they're responsible enough to manipulate nail clippers without lopping off the end of their fingers.

So who is doing mainman's nails :shrug:

W

Wenchy

Geek said:
Did your kids clip their own nails :confused:

My daughter was proficient at age 8 and I never had to remind her.

My son is a different story. He started clipping his fingernails at 8, but the holes in his socks tell me he was not doing his toenails. He HATES it when I take out the clippers and make him take off his socks so I can cut them down.

He is in 5th grade now and has reached that stage where he wants to do everything himself. His toenail clipping skills are non-existant. I will continue to subject him to the clippers until he takes that next step.

nomoney

My 6 year old always has to do them all by himself, but I usually have to go back and "tidy" up when he's done.

W

Wenchy

sockgirl77 said:
Is that what you want your daughter to learn? :faint:

She's past that point. She learned how to use clippers. She is in the fencing club now at college. :duel:

My son needs to do something because I'm tired of clipping his nasty toenails and buying new socks.

I might have to do a demonstration tonight. :lmao:

B

Bronwyn

I guess I'm losing my memory in my old age. My 13 year old has been clipping his nails for some time and I can't seem to pin down the age. :shrug: :lmao: My other son is 4 and I wouldn't let him anywhere near clippers!