Im passing Algebra!!!!!...again

bcp

In My Opinion
Daughter just came home with her test scores for the accumilative math test that took place two days last week.
I got,,, I mean, she got an A on it.

I can still tutor geometry and algebra... YEEEEEHAAAW

cant wait for trig

J

julz20684

bcp said:
Daughter just came home with her test scores for the accumilative math test that took place two days last week.

cant wait for trig

Maybe I will call you to tutor me to help my kids with their math homework. I am a true Math :dork:

mainman

Set Trippin
bcp said:

cant wait for trig
I dread when my kid starts doing this... I am so bad at math...:ohwell:

oldman

Lobster Land
bcp said:

cant wait for trig

Good on you both. Many years ago I had algebra 101 in high school. It helped me not one bit in my working years or to this day. 2 times X to me only means twelve. I can balance my checkbook but come tax time figuring .28 of line whatever requires me to call a friend. Why is life so difficult?

bcp

In My Opinion
I dont think Ive used any of it since school either.

and as far as taxes go, I think there should be an individual math class that teaches tax math.
Nothing you have ever learned will help you do your taxes.

cege

oldman said:
Good on you both. Many years ago I had algebra 101 in high school. It helped me not one bit in my working years or to this day. 2 times X to me only means twelve. I can balance my checkbook but come tax time figuring .28 of line whatever requires me to call a friend. Why is life so difficult?

That is the problem we had algebra in high school. My daugher is in 5th grade and they are doing algebra. Its embarrassing to tell her I have no clue how to help her. They learn things way quicker than we ever did. Unfortantely my poor daughter is struggling with math. She is getting help though.

bcp

In My Opinion
I was talking to a friend of mine that is sending his daughter to private school in Annapolis.
His daughter and my daughter are both the same age, his daughter in private school is working on multiplacation tables, mine is already working with geometry.

I thought private was supposed to be better than public.

That is the problem we had algebra in high school. My daugher is in 5th grade and they are doing algebra. Its embarrassing to tell her I have no clue how to help her. They learn things way quicker than we ever did. Unfortantely my poor daughter is struggling with math. She is getting help though.
I look in her math book every night and find out what is going to be needed to learn over the next few days, then I make sure that I either read the book to refresh myself, or go online to refresh myself if needed.
I cant believe how much simple math I have forgotten over the years by not working with it.

terbear1225

bcp said:
I was talking to a friend of mine that is sending his daughter to private school in Annapolis.
His daughter and my daughter are both the same age, his daughter in private school is working on multiplacation tables, mine is already working with geometry.

I thought private was supposed to be better than public.

I look in her math book every night and find out what is going to be needed to learn over the next few days, then I make sure that I either read the book to refresh myself, or go online to refresh myself if needed.
I cant believe how much simple math I have forgotten over the years by not working with it.

found this site while I was studying for the GRE's. You might find it helpful

http://www.mathopenref.com/index.html

bcp

In My Opinion
terbear1225 said:
what's accumilative?
well, to the average person, it would be seen as a word that was spelled wrong.

I really cant say what it is to you.

but, thank you Oh great speller teacher for correcting my crimes against society.

buddy999

It's Great to be American
oldman said:
I can balance my checkbook but come tax time figuring .28 of line whatever requires me to call a friend. Why is life so difficult?

So many choices. Personally, I use my 50/50 choice. :lmao:

bcp

In My Opinion
buddy999 said:
So many choices. Personally, I use my 50/50 choice. :lmao:
the 50/50 choice?
is that where you just send half of everything you WORK for and EARN to the government so it can be redistributed to a lazy non working individual that has been trained in the great art of public assistance?