Pygmy goat in classifieds...

Cowgirl

Does anyone know the person selling him? It says he was born on 11/24, but perfect for christmas...but he will only be a month old. Just wondering why they were selling him so young...didn't know if they were bottle feeding or something...

KoolStuf

The goat is at the Serenity Farm in Benedict. I posted this for the lady there named Lynn Swann. Why don't you call & ask her? I only posted for her.
FYI, the babies are still with their mother & doing fine. You would have to bottle feed him if you took him for Xmas tho.

Cowgirl

KoolStuf said:
The goat is at the Serenity Farm in Benedict. I posted this for the lady there named Lynn Swann. Why don't you call & ask her? I only posted for her.
FYI, the babies are still with their mother & doing fine. You would have to bottle feed him if you took him for Xmas tho.

Well, I can't get the goat, but I was just curious. It seems like a bad idea to me to sell the goat before he is weaned with his mother. Weaning him after being with his mom for a month and trying to bottle feed them is a bad idea for that little baby. Hopefully she'll keep him until he is fully weaned..and not try to pawn him off as a christmas present.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Cowgirl said:
Well, I can't get the goat, but I was just curious. It seems like a bad idea to me to sell the goat before he is weaned with his mother. Weaning him after being with his mom for a month and trying to bottle feed them is a bad idea for that little baby. Hopefully she'll keep him until he is fully weaned..and not try to pawn him off as a christmas present.

:clap: Point well made Cowgirl :yay:

Goatlady

baby pygmy goat

Don't take a baby till its 6 weeks unless you have the time to feed it they are not always that strong so young. I breed goats primarly pygmy and Pygmy/nubian I am cutting down my herd due to marrital seperation and have a 6 month female pygmy salt and pepper (will have horns) that I would be willing to give to a good home.
I can send picts or if you would prefer an older one I have several of those to NOT MEAT GOATS.

GoatLady