Places for brunch?

greyhound

Speedy70 said:
Was that the fancy place you posted about before? We'll be taking the kids, so I want to make sure they have "normal" food. :lmao:

But it's really, really goooood!!!!!!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
julz20684 said:
Rod 'n Reel used to do a great Sunday brunch
:yeahthat:

Used to do a regular Sunday brunch ride there. Loved it, they even had a guy cooking donuts to order. Went one morning and some guy runs over and tells us we can't park in regular parking, we have to use the spaces reserved for motorcycles. We look around and don't see what he's talking about so we ask where the bike parking is. Guy points out toward the highway and it was the last few spaces next to the road about 100 yards away from the resturant. One guy gets a little upset when we're told we'll get towed if we park elswhere and the guy working there laughs and says good luck with that, the owner is the mayor. :ohwell:
Stopped at a hardware store on the way home and noticed they had traps for catching flys and sold "fly attractant" refills for the traps. We bought a bunch of the attractant, went back and parked in the designated space then walked around and in the resturant dropping the fly bait as we went. :biggrin:
Then we laughed all the way home

J

julz20684

aps45819 said:
:yeahthat:

Used to do a regular Sunday brunch ride there. Loved it, they even had a guy cooking donuts to order. Went one morning and some guy runs over and tells us we can't park in regular parking, we have to use the spaces reserved for motorcycles. We look around and don't see what he's talking about so we ask where the bike parking is. Guy points out toward the highway and it was the last few spaces next to the road about 100 yards away from the resturant. One guy gets a little upset when we're told we'll get towed if we park elswhere and the guy working there laughs and says good luck with that, the owner is the mayor. :ohwell:
Stopped at a hardware store on the way home and noticed they had traps for catching flys and sold "fly attractant" refills for the traps. We bought a bunch of the attractant, went back and parked in the designated space then walked around and in the resturant dropping the fly bait as we went. :biggrin:
Then we laughed all the way home

:lmao: Many years ago I used to bartend up there. Sunday was one of my scheduled shifts, I loved it! Can't say much for some of the people that worked there, but working that shift was a good one.

C

chess

julz20684 said:
Rod 'n Reel used to do a great Sunday brunch

Just went in there for the first time on Sunday... awww the food was good...

13.95 for all you can eat buffett, also they have make your own waffles, pancakes and omelets :) so its all good...

I was impressed big time!!!

OldHillcrestGuy said:
Thats breakfest, brunch is closer to lunch more like 11-12 in my opinion.

You were up and over to Rod and Reel by 8am on a day off? :razz:

Indeed I was! I don't hestitate when it comes to food. :lmao: Besides, my parents were meeting us there and I hate to be late when mom's waiting. :duh:

OldHillcrestGuy

Speedy70 said:
Indeed I was! I don't hestitate when it comes to food. :lmao: Besides, my parents were meeting us there and I hate to be late when mom's waiting. :duh:

Speedy I havent seen you in a while, hope you still have that lovely figure, but your name is in alot of threads about food. :shrug:
I had lost about 20 pounds up till last week, then Christmas came with all the goodies its been a bad week. Been doing alot of walking, me and the spouse walked 30 miles last week. Walked 5 miles before coming to work today. :yahoo: