Votes: 11 22.9%
  • You don't get a car for kids

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Larry Gude said:
...the '89 Jeep is just one thing after another and needs to go off to Jeep heaven so...

Tacoma extra cab if it's a 4 cylinder.

Limited passenger space, easily "pimped" :lmao:, decent mileage, relatively safe, not fast, reliable, can take all their crap with them in one trip when they move out!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
None of the above....

a rusty old junker. They'll be ashamed to drive it and stay home more.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1Active id=t90363 title="but this just makes me giggle...

:lmao:">I know it is wrong... (
multipage.gif
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink -->1 <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink -->2 <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink -->)
RoseRed
</TD><TD class=alt2 title="Replies: 14, Views: 171">
Today 04:11 PM
by Ponytail
</TD><TD class=alt1 align=middle>14</TD><TD class=alt2 align=middle>171</TD><TD class=alt1>Chit Chat</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit --><TR><TD class=alt1>
thread_new.gif
</TD><TD class=alt2>
poll_posticon.gif
</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=t90373 title="...the '89 Jeep is just one thing after another and needs to go off to Jeep heaven so..."> Poll: For kids to drive...
Larry Gude
</TD><TD class=alt2 title="Replies: 2, Views: 3">
Today 04:10 PM
by cattitude
</TD><TD class=alt1 align=middle>2</TD><TD class=alt2 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=alt1>Parenting and Children</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I had to laugh when I saw these two threads listed one after the other, when I was looking at new thread postings! :lmao:

bohman

I said "none", but what age are we talking about? Maybe help them out if they are heading off to college; in that case I'd go with the Jetta (good mileage, dependable, safe). But if they are high school, I say they get to borrow a car - when Mom & Dad feel like being generous.

ServiceGuy

bohman said:
I said "none", but what age are we talking about? Maybe help them out if they are heading off to college; in that case I'd go with the Jetta (good mileage, dependable, safe). But if they are high school, I say they get to borrow a car - when Mom & Dad feel like being generous.

:shocked: Jetta and Dependable used in the same sentence :confused: I haved heard those two words used together like that since 199? maybe 198? :coffee:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

bohman said:

#2 is a senior, 17. Then, it will go to #3 who will start driving about a year from now. And we miss Vrails Jeep during the summer, so, we'd take it when the mood strikes.

donbarzini

Delta 88
pre 1980 Continental

Either will cause mass destruction to other vehicle without injury to driver.

dustin

UAIOE
i voted jetta. but that depends on what engine is in it. i take back my vote if it has the VR6 or the 1.8T engine.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
What model Jeep?
I voted for the 5 speed. It's alway good for a kid to learn how to actually drive.

...and it's a real pain to try and yak on a cell and shift gears in traffic.

lushlips44

If the shoe fits....
My first car was a toyota sapporro. At least that's how I think it is spelled. It was a hand-me-down from my brother that worked half the time. I remember my dad and I were in the turn lane at a stop light and the car cut out. Talk about embarrassing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
lushlips44 said:
My first car was a toyota sapporro. At least that's how I think it is spelled. It was a hand-me-down from my brother that worked half the time. I remember my dad and I were in the turn lane at a stop light and the car cut out. Talk about embarrassing.
Alex (the kid in question in this thread) was driving the existing Jeep, which is older than she is, and it died in the middle of the road. She coasted it onto a side street but it freaked me out to think she could have been in traffic, on 15 or 70...

Anyway, I'm done with that car. It's not safe and makes me sick.

buddy999

It's Great to be American
donbarzini said:
Delta 88
pre 1980 Continental

Either will cause mass destruction to other vehicle without injury to driver.

Delta 88. That's what I used when I learned to drive. :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
12-19-2006 05:46 PM bite me grampa :moon: next time feel free to sign it :dork:

:confused: Have no idea as to what this is for, but thanks for the green :lol:
FYI I don't have grandchildren, My 7 year old son doesn't have any kids.

beerlover

huntr1 said:
Jeep so you and the Mrs. can so for a topless drive in the summer.

Please..... Just the Mrs.

I could use some parts from the old Jeep.. What are you going to do with it?

Ponytail

The '95 Jeep (I'm presuming its a YJ and not a Cherokee) is one of the most reliable and strong Jeep Wranglers ever produced. '89-92 were the worst years for jeep for many reasons that I won't go into here. The steering knuckles are beefier than even those found on teh '94 making the '95 one of the most sought after Wranglers by those that build jeeps for what they had always been intended...ROCK KRAWLING! :larry:

But, the '95 is SUPER easy to work on, parts are readily available new and used, and again, it is very reliable. AND I happen to have an extra transfer case, axles, and a hardtop in really good condition that I could let go for a song should the need arise. :biggrin:

BUT, they do have issues as they get older passing emmisions inspection. Should you decide to sell it, please let me know first. I have a '94 and although I love it, I could use the '95 to make it better, particularly the wiring, computers and all bolt on accessories on the motor if it's a 4.0.

Thanks and you're welcome.