surgery date to be set on the 1st of january

bcp

In My Opinion
At last, after making an appointment with a new surgeon yesterday, my original surgeon called today and said that surgery was needed, and the schedualer would call on the 1st to set the date with me.
I could be in the repair shop before the end of that week.

Last night I got up and walked into the kitchen, coming back out of the kitchen my leg started to tingle, then it went to a burning feeling, then it started to hurt.

next thing I know is Im laying on the floor with my daughter yelling at me to wake up, my wife is standing beside me there is blood on the floor where I cracked my head when I landed, and the room is filled with EMTs.

so, another night in the ER.

All I can say is that Im really starting to get tired of this whole process.

Pandora

You don't have to be up doing 50,000 things. You are sick and need to treat yourself as such and take it easy until the doctors can do whatever they need to do to get you on the road of recovery. :stompsfoot:

This will pass and you will get better but getting upset about all of it will make ya worse. Chin up Wilbur. :huggy:

So.... how many stitches did you get? Or did they super glue you? :snacks:

M

Mousebaby

Are we all going to have to gang up on you and duct tape you into a chair or bed or something to keep you safe??? :jameo: Will you please take it easy!! :huggy:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
bcp said:
At last, after making an appointment with a new surgeon yesterday, my original surgeon called today and said that surgery was needed, and the schedualer would call on the 1st to set the date with me.

Last night I got up and walked into the kitchen, coming back out of the kitchen my leg started to tingle, then it went to a burning feeling, then it started to hurt.

next thing I know is Im laying on the floor with my daughter yelling at me to wake up, my wife is standing beside me there is blood on the floor where I cracked my head when I landed, and the room is filled with EMTs.

:huggy: I lub me some BCP. Let me know if you need ANYTHING. :huggy: Your wife may not be able to take off from work a lot, but I can help out. Let me know. I am willing to take off work and help you out if she has limited leave. :huggy:

BlackSheep

bcp said:

Did you throw a kidney stone?? Man oh man!!!
BTW did the EMT's C-spine ya and backboard ya??

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
BS Gal said:
:huggy: I lub me some BCP. Let me know if you need ANYTHING. :huggy: Your wife may not be able to take off from work a lot, but I can help out. Let me know. I am willing to take off work and help you out if she has limited leave. :huggy:

Dude I don't know you. BUT I am currently (still) unemployed. I have a backround in the EMT area. Albeit it's years old. but you never forget. So if you need ANYTHING pm me.

:huggy:
Suz'

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Don't know you but I will keep you in my prayers for quick repairs at the hospital and a fast recovery. I know it would scare the crap out of my girls to see me that way.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Your experience closely resembles my tales from earlier this year, so I can completely understand your agony.

I know where you're having your surgery (the same doctors that fixed me) so know that you'll soon feel better very soon. I knew on the recovery table that I felt better than before the surgery.

Good luck, Dude. :yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
vraiblonde said:
Dang, dude :frown:

So I must have missed the thread - did they figure out what the problem is?

yep.
I have two disks that have exploded and are currently crushing the nerves that run down to my left leg.
It hurts constantly, but if I sit or stand it puts additional pressure on the nerves and becomes almost unbearable.

as far as the other stuff went that they found while looking for what was causing the pain in the first place, the spot on the kidney was a cyst. nothing to worry about, the spot on the liver was as best they can tell a birth mark or something that had just never been picked up before.

I still have to see a urologist because of excessive blood in the urine, but most likely that is being caused by irritation to my stomach due to the millions of medications I am currently on.

as soon as I can get the back fixed, I figure that the blood in the urine will clear up shortly after I get off the pain pills, steroids, etc...

I just want to say that this forum is filled with some of the best people that I have ever had the pleasure of being part of.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
bcp said:
yep.
I have two disks that have exploded and are currently crushing the nerves that run down to my left leg.
It hurts constantly, but if I sit or stand it puts additional pressure on the nerves and becomes almost unbearable.

as far as the other stuff went that they found while looking for what was causing the pain in the first place, the spot on the kidney was a cyst. nothing to worry about, the spot on the liver was as best they can tell a birth mark or something that had just never been picked up before.

I still have to see a urologist because of excessive blood in the urine, but most likely that is being caused by irritation to my stomach due to the millions of medications I am currently on.

as soon as I can get the back fixed, I figure that the blood in the urine will clear up shortly after I get off the pain pills, steroids, etc...

I just want to say that this forum is filled with some of the best people that I have ever had the pleasure of being part of.
Want me to come roll you up in bubble wrap? :huggy:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
bcp said:
yep.

We're some messed up disc havin' mofos up in this joint! Luckily I didn't sit on the part of the spine where my disc disease resided - though some would say I often have my head up my azz! :lmao:

My pain only occurred when I did just about anything manual - at which point, I usually wanted to inflict pain on others.

I have a superb surgeon at Anne Arundel Medical Center that removed three discs a week ago. "Anterior Discectomies, three levels, with fusion, donor bone and plates and screws". The surgery was a big success! I should feel the full effects of it in roughly a year. :dance:

On a side note, you lumbar folks get the break of not having your neck sliced open in the front and your esophagus moved out of the way in order to do the procedure. :yay: Apparently, the choking sensation and raspiness I have ongoing should only last about 8 weeks! :faint: I am not a pleasant dining companion right now, believe me!

So, all in all bcp, you are among friends and empathizers. I will truly do my part to help in any way you need it! I am very happy to hear that you have diagnosis and a treatment plan to get you on your way. :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bcp said:
Sorry to hear that. Well, the good news is that they can fix it, and can get you in fairly quickly. Good luck - keep us posted how it's going! :huggy:

HA! So take THAT, all you people that we hate and pick on who hate us back :neener:

:lol: