Baby girl's new shoes

Cowgirl

So when baby girl came over on Christmas morning (from her mother's) guess what she was wearing on her feet?

A brand new pair of hot pink baby crocs..... :killingme

I told BF he better put those in a bag so they could go right back to mommy's house....

Cowgirl

I didn't take any...I could though, if you are sure you want to subject yourself to that.

WTF is the point of buying shoes with holes in them in the winter time? Then you have to wear socks under the crocs, and that is just ugly....

W

Wenchy

Cowgirl said:
So when baby girl came over on Christmas morning (from her mother's) guess what she was wearing on her feet?

A brand new pair of hot pink baby crocs..... :killingme

I told BF he better put those in a bag so they could go right back to mommy's house....

Don't knock them. They may not be attractive, but they are practical.

They are "cute" to me in an "ugly" kind of way.

You are too young to remember "Earth Shoes". Now, those WERE ugly, and you couldn't just hose them off when they got dirty.

Attachments

• old_earth_shoes.jpg
    old_earth_shoes.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:

redhead77

I was hoping they might actually be cute when they are that small.
They may still be some use for blackmail pictures when the boys come around.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I think they are hideously ugly but they're very popular and, I'm told, very comfortable. We stopped by the nursing home that my sister works at last weekend and quite a few of the staff had them on. Thank goodness one was NOT my sister. :lmao:

GeezLouise

tired and content....
I saw the little pink ones for babies in Peebles last week. I thought they were cute for little people, just not for me. :lmao:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Let me get this straight? You are going to begrudge the mother of the child a gift to her daughter on Christmas because your sense of style would rather take a gift to a child and send it back as a slap in the face to the mother, than to be caught around a child in Crocs? I am just checking... because a beating with a three ton cluebat sounds in order.

IMHO it could be the most eff'ed up and ugly dress, but that is a gift from a mother to her daughter, and you have no place getting between that whether you give her fathers jollies or not.

FromTexas said:
You are going to begrudge the mother of the child a gift to her daughter on Christmas because your sense of style would rather take a gift to a child and send it back as a slap in the face to the mother, than to be caught around a child in Crocs?
Sounds reasonable to me...:coffee:

D

DealWithIt

FromTexas said:
Let me get this straight? You are going to begrudge the mother of the child a gift to her daughter on Christmas because your sense of style would rather take a gift to a child and send it back as a slap in the face to the mother, than to be caught around a child in Crocs? I am just checking... because a beating with a three ton cluebat sounds in order.

IMHO it could be the most eff'ed up and ugly dress, but that is a gift from a mother to her daughter, and you have no place getting between that whether you give her fathers jollies or not.

:clap: I agree!

Cowgirl

FromTexas said:

:rolleyes: Ok before you get all bent out of shape, we get the kids 50/50, but it's split so we get them for 2 days, then she gets them, etc. So, the poor 17 mo. old baby girl will not be "suffering" without her crocs for very long. I simply said I was going to put them in a bag to be taken back to her mother's house, so she can wear them when she's w/ mom. I don't see the point of putting a pair of shoes that have holes ALL over them...in the WINTER when it is hard enough to keep little baby feet and hands warm anyways. Geesh. Call social services whydontcha.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Cowgirl said:
:rolleyes: Ok before you get all bent out of shape, we get the kids 50/50, but it's split so we get them for 2 days, then she gets them, etc. So, the poor 17 mo. old baby girl will not be "suffering" without her crocs for very long. I simply said I was going to put them in a bag to be taken back to her mother's house, so she can wear them when she's w/ mom. I don't see the point of putting a pair of shoes that have holes ALL over them...in the WINTER when it is hard enough to keep little baby feet and hands warm anyways. Geesh. Call social services whydontcha.
It is my observation that you're pretty bossy with a kid that doesn't belong to you. If my ex's girlfriend ever dared take an article of clothing away from one of my kids, that would be the last time they went to his house while that witch was still there.

Cowgirl

vraiblonde said:
It is my observation that you're pretty bossy with a kid that doesn't belong to you. If my ex's girlfriend ever dared take an article of clothing away from one of my kids, that would be the last time they went to his house while that witch was still there.

That's not the case. She has shoes that we just bought her for when she is at our place. I dont' see how putting different shoes on the girl for 2 days is taking away an article of clothing. It's not like I threw them away. Different people like different types of clothes. If some relative gave one of your kids some ugly ass christmas sweater or something, would you make them wear it? It's not like wearing a different pair of shoes for 2 days is really going to make a difference. And if her mother gave her a blanket or something that was really special to her, of course I wouldn't take it away, no matter how ugly I thought it was. We're talking a little pair of shoes here....it's really not a big deal.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Cowgirl said:
That's not the case. She has shoes that we just bought her for when she is at our place. I dont' see how putting different shoes on the girl for 2 days is taking away an article of clothing. It's not like I threw them away. Different people like different types of clothes. If some relative gave one of your kids some ugly ass christmas sweater or something, would you make them wear it? It's not like wearing a different pair of shoes for 2 days is really going to make a difference. And if her mother gave her a blanket or something that was really special to her, of course I wouldn't take it away, no matter how ugly I thought it was. We're talking a little pair of shoes here....it's really not a big deal.

Let her decide which shoes she wants to wear and don't effing worry about it.

Cowgirl

RoseRed said:
Let her decide which shoes she wants to wear and don't effing worry about it.

Let who decide? The baby or the mom? The mom doesn't really have a say when the kids are with us, and vice versa. And the baby is 17 months....can't really decide which shoes to wear.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ehesef said:
But KwilliaBear....I love my Crocs....I have 3 pairs......
What size shoe do *you* wear?

:whistle:

And if you wear a 7 or 7 1/2, please provide directions to your house. TIA :flowers: