Nike + iPod

warneckutz

Does anyone have the new iPod addition for some of Nike's shoes? Any opinions?

A member at my gym purchased it and loves it. I've seen the ad run over and over... and over.

I have a Nano, and I need a new pair of gym shoes, so I figured it would be a worthwhile purchase (just under $60 for the armband and the chip).

Thanks!

-ANT

Jawbreaker25

My brother has picked it up, uses it for his distance running workouts. I played with it just to see different functions & options. If you run on a regular basis & are going to have you iPod anyways, go ahead & pick it up. Does a fantastic job of reading whatever info you like while you're running, which I'm told helps your mind relax a little while you're running -- no straining to figure out pace, track time, etc.

Me, I kept looking at the damn thing for status, same as I would on any GPS wrist device or even a watch. But I'm kind of dumb.

warneckutz

I'm not a runner, far from it. My cardio ranges anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes. I just thought it would be something to help me take my mind off of doing cardio.

warneckutz

So, I picked everything up last night...

I found a nice pair of Shox and I purchased the chip and armband from the Apple store in Annapolis.

Tried it out this morning and it's definately for walking or running. It does well on the treadmill, but not on the stair machine that I prefer. Perhaps that's the only down-side to it.

I hit the treadmill with a fast walk then an easy jog (then I remembered it's been WAY TOO LONG since I've used the treadmill). It tells you the minutes you have left, or the distance you've walked or how many calories you've burned (all depending on what setting you chose for yourself).

I even had a new voice (from the iPod) applaud me for setting a new personal best... wasn't hard to do since it took all morning to figure part of it out.

The fun part was seeing my entries on the Nike website. haven't played with it much from there but if anyone already has a Nano and loves to run or walk I'd definately suggest giving this gadget a thought!

-ANT