road bike group

anemone

Recently I noticed small groups of people riding together along Route 5. Does anyone know if this is a formal group and how I might get in touch with them about joining the ride?

Thanks!

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
anemone said:
Recently I noticed small groups of people riding together along Route 5. Does anyone know if this is a formal group and how I might get in touch with them about joining the ride?

Thanks!

It could be Pax Velo. I'm not a member, but I do know they have rides several evenings a week. I'd join up with them if it wasn't the winter. I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather :shiver:

Although if I was feeling better, I probably could have ridden today. Oh well.

ratboyusn

anemone said:

Thanks!

Anemone:

Pax Velo is the local group. Starting around the time change (late March, early April) Tuesday night rides (races) start. These rides are conducted on NAS Pax and are broken down by riding ability groups (A's= fast guys 20-28mph 30-40miles, B's= 18-22mph 30miles, C's= 15-19mph, 20 miles and COWS (Chicks on Wheels)= ?? ~20miles). During the "off" season, groups rides take place on Saturday's (usually 0800 alternating between St Mary's county (start at Outback parking lot) and Calvert county (start at PAC Adventure Center), Sundays usually a 200pm start at the Callaway Food Lion), & Thursday's (usually a very smll group starts at the post office on Base after work (about 330pm)...so lots of opportunity to ride with groups in the local area.

President of the club (Pax Velo) is Greg Landis, and link to webpage is: http://paxvelo.com/

...and yahoo group website is: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/PaxVelo/
You can sign up to the group and get all the skinny on all the group rides...

You can also find out more about local rides at: www.paxadventure.com or stop in and talk with Drew, the Head wrench or Dave, co-owner.

Hope this helps,
RATBOY