Food Lion fried chicken

willie

A few years ago I quit buying Food Lion (Solomons) fried chicken because it was so overcooked there was no meat at all left on the wings and the other pieces weren't much better. Today I got a big hunger for chicken but it was 5 P.M. and the bridge and LP is a no no at that time so it was Food Lion for an 8 pc. for $5.99 Nothing has changed. There was enough meat on the breast to make a sandwich and the rest was crispy bones.:burning:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's a convenience store over in Lusby - FastStop? - that has EXCELLENT fried chicken. It's right off of 4, like you're going to the Ranch Club. And there's another no-name convenience store down that way that has great fried chicken and good take out food in general. I am somewhat of a fried chicken connoisseur :really: :lol:.

willie

Originally posted by vraiblonde
There's a convenience store over in Lusby - FastStop? - that has EXCELLENT fried chicken. It's right off of 4, like you're going to the Ranch Club. And there's another no-name convenience store down that way that has great fried chicken and good take out food in general. I am somewhat of a fried chicken connoisseur :really: :lol:.
Haven't tried Faststops chicken but CJ's is too greasy for me. Popeyes has me spoiled. We need one on this side of the river.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If I'm bringing home fried chicken (because I can't get the wife to make her's, which is awesome) I go to Knott's Carry-out in Callaway, though I haven't been there lately it is my favorite. Nice big succulent golden pieces fried perfectly, not to mention that you can get soft ice-cream there too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by willie
Anybody tried Church's at the Texaco on 235?
Ack! Ptooie! Their breading is terrible. I don't like Bojangles, either. KFC, Popeye's and the convenience stores - that's it. Dash-In used to have pretty good chicken.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by willie
Anybody tried Church's at the Texaco on 235?
I don't think it's a Church's anymore, is it? :confused: Last time I went in there, probably about 3 months ago, it wasn't there.