New Vet or Alternative medicine vet

lisaowensathome

I know it sounds weird! I posted a few months ago about my dog having bladder stones,well current vet is he!! bent on surgery. I've talked to other people who have had or have dogs with bladder stones and they vote against the surgery! I was wondering if there were any alternatives to surgery,ie, food,some sort of therapy,herbal treatments,etc? Oreo,(dogs name),is not in any pain,no blood in urine,no trouble urinating,etc. Any ideas or know of any vet in chuck county that offers anything other than surgery?

When this first started,we had her at the emergency room and they said that there might be another option to fix this. I asked about surgery that night and they said it wasn't a life and death situation at this time. Any suggestions?

Labs4Me

Holistic Vet

I take all my guys to Dr. Sara Chapman at the Animal Medical Center of Watkins Park. She does holistic and homeopathic consultations and she's absolutely wonderful!! I was really worried about where I'd take my gang when I moved down here because they've always seen holistic vets only and I am against doing anything invasive unless completely necessary (including over vaccinating, feeding crap, etc.). She's a bit of a drive for me but well worth it!! She really gets to the root of the issue and works to build your dog's immune system instead of just treating symptoms. I can't say enough good things about her! Her number is 301-249-3030. You can also email her at sfc-holistic@starpower.net. Hope that helps!!

sdm

One of my foster Dals was a amorphous phosphate crystal/stone former. Billy had to stay on a low purine diet and was put on Hill's Prescription Diet U/D Formula to acidify the urine to help prevent the crystals/stones. He wouldn't eat it so I started making him a mixture of boiled eggs, steamed white rice, carrots, and bran cereal, sometimes cottage cheese instead of egg, and sometimes a little macaroni mixed in, sometimes tunafish added, etc. I stored them in the fridge in gallon size bags. Below is a link to a couple recipes you can try. http://www.trurovet.com/petLibrary/recipes/CanineLowProteinLowPurineDiet.pdf