Ever eat soap?

Okay ... I have a 4 year old that has decided to take up some of my bad language habits.

He said the "d" word a few times at school last week and I finally threatened him with washing his mouth out with soap. I told him that little boys don't use words like that. He agreed.

Today he tosses out the the phrase "oh sh**" ... now daddy has told him I'm waiting at the top of the stairs w/ the soap.

What have you done w/ your kids?

mamissa3

The one time i ever put A tiny tiny little drop of soap anywhere my sons mouth he gagged himself and threw up!! never again will i do that lol

CableChick said:
Okay ... I have a 4 year old that has decided to take up some of my bad language habits.

He said the "d" word a few times at school last week and I finally threatened him with washing his mouth out with soap. I told him that little boys don't use words like that. He agreed.

Today he tosses out the the phrase "oh sh**" ... now daddy has told him I'm waiting at the top of the stairs w/ the soap.

I had a flashback of Ralphie being blind from soap poisoning. :killingme

Angel

~*~*~
When we were little my Mother decided to wash my older brothers mouth out with soap because he turned into Satan's spawn and was cussing... That little turd decided he was going to blow bubbles and sing... :lmao: My Mom was so pissed when that backfired on her! :killingme:

Azzy

Seannie has picked up a few of my not so nice words. When he says them, I try not to laugh but he's so cute (yeah, I know, terrible parent over here). So far, he has never said the words in public, when it gets to be too much, I will either give him soap, or tobasco sauce. I dunno why he does it, Caitlyn never really picked up on repeating my bad words, cept once.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
:yeahthat: Hot sauce wouldn't be as frowned upon by CPS. :yay:

Luckily for me (thus far), DQ doesn't repeat my potty-mouth words. :blushing: She'll hear me say one, and go, "That's one of those words I'm not aloud to repeat, isn't it?" :lol:

He's earned a reprieve. He came home w/ rope burn marks on his neck after one of the older kids used him as a tether ball pole. :ohwell:

He's been warned though!! :lol:

Nanny Pam

I drank soap water ONCE in High school because someone told me it would make me sick. :barf:

It did. The school nurse sent me home. (in my car....driving home with a milkshake from ??/ I can't remember the name of the place. :shrug:

Nanny Pam

crabcake said:
:yeahthat: Hot sauce wouldn't be as frowned upon by CPS. :yay:

Luckily for me (thus far), DQ doesn't repeat my potty-mouth words. :blushing: She'll hear me say one, and go, "That's one of those words I'm not aloud to repeat, isn't it?" :lol:

"penis" :roflmao:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
CableChick said:

when mine were young and out of line is was 'bite' into soap. That way it gets into the crevices. Worked at the time. No more now. Tried the 'hot sauce' (tabasco) on the one. he asked for more..............:killingme:

CMC122

Go Braves!
CableChick said:
He's earned a reprieve. He came home w/ rope burn marks on his neck after one of the older kids used him as a tether ball pole. :ohwell:

He's been warned though!! :lol:
Holy Shiat! Nice school you send your kids to:roflmao:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Azzy said:
Seannie has picked up a few of my not so nice words. When he says them, I try not to laugh but he's so cute (yeah, I know, terrible parent over here). So far, he has never said the words in public, when it gets to be too much, I will either give him soap, or tobasco sauce. I dunno why he does it, Caitlyn never really picked up on repeating my bad words, cept once.
I consider the conference call, between you and my supervisor who was planning to give you a job, public. That liittle dancing hindu midget who smokes cigarettes has nothing on Seannie. :whistle:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I don't ever remembering having my mouth washed out with soap but I've probably blocked that memory. :lol:

I would think the pump bottles of liquid soap would make it MUCH easier on parents. :yay:

cdsulhoff

I never got soap or hot sauce. I first time I cussed I said " Oh My F-in G-d in front of my mom when I was 13 and she laugh because we were on a roller coaster and it scared the living shat out of me.

I am pretty sure if we were to cuss we would of gotten a slap in the face.
Now my boys do not cuss thank G-d. I for one have the worst potty mouth. My oldest gets on to me about the language.

buddy999

It's Great to be American
CableChick said:

I don't have kids of my own but my mother never hesitated to use soap when we used language like that.

That being said, parents should not use that kind of language in front of their kids either. To do so tells the child that it's OK to use that language and you can't punish the child if the adult is using that language also.

CMC122

Go Braves!
buddy999 said:
I don't have kids of my own but my mother never hesitated to use soap when we used language like that.

That being said, parents should not use that kind of language in front of their kids either. To do so tells the child that it's OK to use that language and you can't punish the child if the adult is using that language also.
My parents taught us to do as they say not as they do................ and I didn't have a potty mouth until I became an adult:diva:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
buddy999 said:

That's the biggest crock o' $hit I've ever heard. I'm the adult and they are the children, period.

In my house they're not "bad" words, they're "grown up" words and when my boys are grown ups they're allowed to say them.