Mechanic advice.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Check engine light came on, got the code read and it comes up "Catalyst Efficeincy-Below Threshold" I'm thinking this is an emmisions thing, but not sure. Can anyone shed a bit more light on it? Haynes doesn't make a manual for the car yet so I can't look it up there and I'm trying to avoid taking it to a mechanic, I can fix it myself if I know what it is.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Sounds like the converter is clogged or screwed up. Had mine replaced already in my 05 chevy.

rack'm

Jaded
According to the news........

there's been a rash of Catalytic converters stolen lately, so you should be able to find one on the black market cheap! :yay:

fddog

Bow wow
Bustem' Down said:
Check engine light came on, got the code read and it comes up "Catalyst Efficeincy-Below Threshold" I'm thinking this is an emmisions thing, but not sure. Can anyone shed a bit more light on it? Haynes doesn't make a manual for the car yet so I can't look it up there and I'm trying to avoid taking it to a mechanic, I can fix it myself if I know what it is.
what kind of car is it, year, make, model. And what was the code number? po171, po174?

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Is it platinum? I thought it was some type of asbestos or something?

heres what I found.

The similarity with a muffler ends there as catalytic converters contain a catalyst made from a noble metal such as platinum, palladium or rhodium.

fddog

Bow wow
FastCarsSpeed said:
Is it platinum? I thought it was some type of asbestos or something?

heres what I found.

The similarity with a muffler ends there as catalytic converters contain a catalyst made from a noble metal such as platinum, palladium or rhodium.
:yay: