Girl Down

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
:frown:
Yesterday I pick her up from cheer practice and she's limping. Within minutes she's crying. Said she hurt her ankle/foot when she landed wrong while playing basketball in gym. She said it wasn't too bad at first but it started to hurt during cheer. Brought her home, propped it up, no swelling or discoloration. I'm thinking light sprain but I ice it and wrap it for the night. This morning she still can't put pressure on it, so off to the doc we will go. They open in a few minutes so I can get her an appointment.
I hope its not serious. She dances and cheers so she's pretty active.

rack'm

Jaded
bresamil said:
:frown:
Yesterday I pick her up from cheer practice and she's limping. Within minutes she's crying. Said she hurt her ankle/foot when she landed wrong while playing basketball in gym. She said it wasn't too bad at first but it started to hurt during cheer. Brought her home, propped it up, no swelling or discoloration. I'm thinking light sprain but I ice it and wrap it for the night. This morning she still can't put pressure on it, so off to the doc we will go. They open in a few minutes so I can get her an appointment.
I hope its not serious. She dances and cheers so she's pretty active.

It could be a light fracture, X-Ray time. :yay:

keepsmiling

bresamil said:
The stupid orthopedic office is not picking up the phone! :tantrum

Are you calling Dr Spatz's office? I've never known them not to answer the phone. But Dr Spatz is wonderful with kids. If you don't have any luck, try taking her to the ER, if it's broken or she has a fracture, they can contact the Dr and get you right in. Good luck.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Phone answered. Waiting to see when they can fit her in.

I don't go to the ER for ortho any more. They were wrong twice and just tell you to follow up with an ortho anyhow.

Cowgirl

bresamil said:
Phone answered. Waiting to see when they can fit her in.

I don't go to the ER for ortho any more. They were wrong twice and just tell you to follow up with an ortho anyhow.

:yeahthat: My mom ruptured her achilles tendon, and the ER said it was a sprain.... :crazy:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Well...we're back. No fracture or break, just a really weird sprain. She's wearing one of those air casts for the ankle that you only use when walking. No gym, cheer, or dance for two weeks or until she no longer feels pain when walking. She'll lose her mind. :lol: