Bobby Hamilton Dead at 49

AndyMarquisLIVE

Reports The Tennessean:
Local racing legend Bobby Hamilton passed away today at age 49, according to his son, Bobby Hamilton, Jr.

Hamilton, a former Fairgrounds Speedway champion who won the 2004 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Championship, missed most of the 2006 season after being diagnosed with cancer.

See tomorrow’s Tennessean for more details.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Reports The Tennessean:
Local racing legend Bobby Hamilton passed away today at age 49, according to his son, Bobby Hamilton, Jr.

Hamilton, a former Fairgrounds Speedway champion who won the 2004 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Championship, missed most of the 2006 season after being diagnosed with cancer.

See tomorrow’s Tennessean for more details.

Wow what sad news! I hope Jr. can carry on the legacy!

AndyMarquisLIVE

Dougstermd said:
LIVE HARD

DIE YOUNG

LEAVE A HELL OF A MEMORY

I liked Bobby. He had a fighting spirit. Whenever his career was in the dumps, he came back and did so in a big way.

The best memory I have of Hamilton was that Talladega race in 2001. It was between Gordon and Stewart much of the day, but Hamilton came out of nowhere and won it.

I also remember when he drove for Petty Enterprises, he got them a few wins before that orginazation when down the dumps (Andretti had two good seasons with them too).

Ironically, his ROTY rival was Ted Musgrave. Hamilton beat him out for that in 1990. Hamilton and Musgrave were both diagnosed with cancer (and Musgrave seems to have recovered from it), and they both won Truck Series championships, Hamilton in '04 and Musgrave in '05.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
(Andretti had two good seasons with them too).

Musgrave in '05.

John Andretti and good is that an oxymoron?

Musgrave is the man atleast after Spencer stopped driving a regular schedule:yay: