Transmission Shop

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Mikeinsmd said:
Recommendations for a good one??

aamco transmissions.

We just used them on two vehicles. Don't know (yet) how good they are....but they sure put a dent in my credit card.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Mikeinsmd said:

Steer clear of AAMCO. $3000 to replace my Vans transmission and it downshifts from 2nd to 1st terrible. Was told its normal since the computer:blahblah: .... new transmission :blahblah:

Oh and they never put my started back on correctly and the bolts had backed out over time. Took it to Park Sunoco when having problems, the looked at the Van asked me who last worked on the Tourque Converter and Tranny. I said AAMCO, they shook their heads and say they are always fixing their mistakes. That Place sucks.

Mikeinsmd

Suz' said:
aamco transmissions.

We just used them on two vehicles. Don't know (yet) how good they are....but they sure put a dent in my credit card.
Had a very BAD experience with aamco about 5 years ago. Their repairs left me sitting on the Wilson bridge.

rack'm

Jaded
Aamco blows wind! :boo:

I used a guy in Indian River for my last tranny fix, he did good work, but I can't remember his name or number to save my life. :ohwell:

Mikeinsmd said:
We used Cottman's Transmission a few years back and we were so impressed with the service and price that I kept their business card on me... here is the info off of it...

Cottman Transmission Center
11780 Holly Auto Center Lane
Waldorf, MD

301-645-4055

Keith Tucker, Manager

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Now ya'll tell me. :blah:

Well they rebuilt my tranny in my tahoe, and flushed the tranny in hubbys truck.... so far so good......... but then it's been less then 2 weeks.

Mikeinsmd

kwillia said:
We used Cottman's Transmission a few years back and we were so impressed with the service and price that I kept their business card on me... here is the info off of it...

Cottman Transmission Center
11780 Holly Auto Center Lane
Waldorf, MD

301-645-4055

Keith Tucker, Manager
Thank ya sweetie. I prefer something closer to Lusby/California but will use them as a fall back.

Anyone had experience with the place on St. Andrews? Used to be called "DriveLine"

C

chess

You could ask Woody on here on the forums... he may be up for it.. even tho he just moved into a new house..

Bonehead

I had a complete rebuild of my son's transmission recently at St Mary's Transmission Center 301-866-1944 Fred Frye Jr. Good service good guy 3 years, 36000 mile nation wide warranty. Can't beat it. He is right next to the Arby's on Great Mills Road.

C

chess

Mikeinsmd said:
...and he lives in my hood. :lmao:

haha yeah.. i mean he knows his ####.. i wouldnt take it to anywhere around here... i had to replace mine not to long ago after someone ####ed it up... but i did it with 2 other people... its not that bad...

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Don't know anything about it but right across from old Hills Club (Old Partco) is a transmission shop...May want to call me...I can hook you up with Duck Phettiplace....He works at Bells and does a lot of that stuff....He installs Jasper and GM engines and transmissions....Very reasonable....Get a GM or Jasper and get a nice warranty too...

C

chess

Dupontster said:
Don't know anything about it but right across from old Hills Club (Old Partco) is a transmission shop...May want to call me...I can hook you up with Duck Phettiplace....He works at Bells and does a lot of that stuff....He installs Jasper and GM engines and transmissions....Very reasonable....Get a GM or Jasper and get a nice warranty too...

Jaspers are nice !!