Any good vets in the county?

K

KerryAnn1

I just moved here and need to know if there are any good vets in the county? Please let me know.

MMDad

Lem Putt
KerryAnn1 said:
I just moved here and need to know if there are any good vets in the county? Please let me know.
Try the VFW or American Legion. Personally, I think all veterans are good, but the vets you find at the Legion or VFW are a little more patriotic.

S

StrwberryKisses

Mousebaby said:
St. Mary's Vet Hospital on 235 is GREAT! Welcome!! :howdy:

I love St. Mary's Vet Hospital. They have taken such great care of my cat every time I have gone in there. Truely amazing people there.

J

jac

St. Mary's Vet Hospital on 235...The best in the tri-county area!

Cowgirl

jac said:
St. Mary's Vet Hospital on 235...The best in the tri-county area!

:yeahthat: They are great. The vet in calvert is also pretty good. I can't remember the name...Prince Frederick Vet Hosp? If Dr. Sherry Smith is still there, that is. She's great. The only one I don't recommend is Vet-A-Pet. I've used her a few times (in emergencies) with mixed results....but I've heard horror stories.

kidschihuahuas

Animal Lover
You may also want to try All Kinds Vet Hospital in Calloway. Dr. Terry and her husband are the vets there and they also do all sorts of work with the rescue groups. That what what brought me to them. I also love their personalities and the little extras that make them so personable with me and my brood.

girliegirl

Cowgirl said:
:yeahthat: They are great. The vet in calvert is also pretty good. I can't remember the name...Prince Frederick Vet Hosp? If Dr. Sherry Smith is still there, that is. She's great. The only one I don't recommend is Vet-A-Pet. I've used her a few times (in emergencies) with mixed results....but I've heard horror stories.

Please share the horror stories if you can. I was considering using Vet a Pet and decided not too, now I am glad that I didn't.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Cowgirl said:
i'll be sure to tell Sherry :biggrin:
she is the proud mommy of one of our Rocky Mtn horses. AND she's a terrific person! ask her to tell you about her Edgie Boy. (AKA Rivers Edge by Shepherds Snowy River)

Oh we've use tidewater for 3 years and LOVE dr tacia.

Last edited:

Flicka

I would like to know the horror stories that you have heard about Vet A Pet (she is also the same Vet that has opened a clinic in Callaway). I have not heard too much good about her. I recommend All Kinds Vet Clinic also Callaway for small animal.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Flicka said:
I would like to know the horror stories that you have heard about Vet A Pet (she is also the same Vet that has opened a clinic in Callaway). I have not heard too much good about her. I recommend All Kinds Vet Clinic also Callaway for small animal.

Small animals eh? do they know their stuff about rats? Where I go I am the only paitent that has a rat- and they do a good job- but I am looking for someone that knows the ins and outs of the fancy rats.

N

nitwhit3286

joedancer said:
Dr. Bennett is great. She is Park Veterinary on Great Mills road.

dr. bennet is great..her prices are outrageous.